• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Well... that's that...

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone. Let's hope that "Bloody Monday" isn't too Bloody.

Fingers crossed but expectations are low.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Here's to a Wyndham free weekend (and a long one to boot)!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the new site:

Hold tight, we’ll be back.

A new vacation planning experience is on its way! We’re currently in the process of changing to brand-new systems. Thank you for your patience while we make exciting upgrades to your owner website.

In the meantime … sit back, relax, and get ready for an enhanced online experience.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope the system comes back up Monday ... it could be later in the week ... like Friday ... Bloody Friday.

I have somewhat LOW EXPECTATIONS for some strange reasons.

Truly hope I am wrong and this is a smooth transition to a new, better, faster, easy to use owner interface which reduces operating costs and allows 24 hour booking and system access.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got into the old website a few minutes ago. It seems to have some functions

Reservation and Financial Systems Currently Unavailable

Our reservation system is currently unavailable as we complete our system upgrades and enhanced owner website. The upgrades are expected to take place through the entire weekend.

As such, you will not be able to make, modify or cancel any CLUB WYNDHAM Plus transactions online or over the phone until the upgrades are complete.

Transactions will resume once the revamped website launches, so be sure to stay tuned to be among the first to experience your upgraded owner website!

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got into the old website a few minutes ago. It seems to have some functions

Reservation and Financial Systems Currently Unavailable

Our reservation system is currently unavailable as we complete our system upgrades and enhanced owner website. The upgrades are expected to take place through the entire weekend.

As such, you will not be able to make, modify or cancel any CLUB WYNDHAM Plus transactions online or over the phone until the upgrades are complete.

Transactions will resume once the revamped website launches, so be sure to stay tuned to be among the first to experience your upgraded owner website!

Yep it is still like that way right now. Surprised they didn't just take it all the way down.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Yep it is still like that way right now. Surprised they didn't just take it all the way down.

I was glad, as it allowed me to get a screenshot of a reservation with confirmation number for something I booked last night (when Glacier Canyon had tons of fall and winter weekend availability showing up as people cancelled reservations).

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Good luck everyone. Let's hope that "Bloody Monday" isn't too Bloody.

Fingers crossed but expectations are low.

Yep. We've been pushed out of the airplane and we're freefalling, hoping our parachutes will open.

Meanwhile, the old site is still open "read only."

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
So did anyone else make a bunch of reservations yesterday (and took screen shots of them)? I think that the "make a bunch of transactions in one day" goes away with the new site. And they gave me more points as an adjustment when they re-aligned my use year. Sooooo....hello NYC (three times this summer instead of just once AND for New Years week), and Old Town Alexandria for January. Was going to nab Chicago in February but it was a split reservation and I'll wait for the new system.

Forgot to screen shot my "Points status". Hope I don't need it.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So did anyone else make a bunch of reservations yesterday (and took screen shots of them)? I think that the "make a bunch of transactions in one day" goes away with the new site. And they gave me more points as an adjustment when they re-aligned my use year. Sooooo....hello NYC (three times this summer instead of just once AND for New Years week), and Old Town Alexandria for January. Was going to nab Chicago in February but it was a split reservation and I'll wait for the new system.

Forgot to screen shot my "Points status". Hope I don't need it.

Wise move on picking up some great reservations for you. With the amount of available reservations apparently coming back to the system at least briefly, this could take a chunk of points from the existing credit pool that Wyndham wants retired.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I hope the system comes back up Monday ... it could be later in the week ... like Friday ... Bloody Friday.

I have somewhat LOW EXPECTATIONS for some strange reasons.

Truly hope I am wrong and this is a smooth transition to a new, better, faster, easy to use owner interface which reduces operating costs and allows 24 hour booking and system access.

Yes, Linda, we can hope. I tried twice in the last few weeks to register on the new site and could not get any confirmation that it happened.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's my odds !

99.99 to 1 new website up 12:00 AM Monday. Only website needed

.01 to 1 old website up and we are still using to make reservations

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Linda, we can hope. I tried twice in the last few weeks to register on the new site and could not get any confirmation that it happened.

Tried to register .... ME, TOO! ... after 45-60 minutes and some length of times on the phone .. I just scream and hangup. Several times.

Seems there might be a problem with multiple Member numbers in 1 name.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Here's my odds !

99.99 to 1 new website up 12:00 AM Monday. Only website needed

.01 to 1 old website up and we are still using to make reservations

I would take those odds. My betting line is 2 to 1 that we rollback to the old system within 72 hrs.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did I do that backwards ?
I meant you bet a $1.OO you only get .01 cent back if we end up back with the old website. Extremely likely. You make a winning bet but lose money.

New website up at 12:00 AM Monday is the long shot

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would take those odds. My betting line is 2 to 1 that we rollback to the old system within 72 hrs.
I would take you up. I bet $100.00 that we do rollback to the old system within 72 hrs. If we do rollback to the old system you give me $200.00

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My forecast is that the new website will roll out, come hell or highwater. Wyndham has a motivation: $99 guest fees by the tens of thousands will be added within 48 hours of the rollout. Customer satisfaction and BBB ratings mean NOTHING to Wyndham. $$$ mean EVERYTHING to the Owner Care folks, and the CEO and board, and stock holders.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
My forecast is that the new website will roll out, come hell or highwater. Wyndham has a motivation: $99 guest fees by the tens of thousands will be added within 48 hours of the rollout. Customer satisfaction and BBB ratings mean NOTHING to Wyndham. $$$ mean EVERYTHING to the Owner Care folks, and the CEO and board, and stock holders.

In the long term Wyndham is looking forward to those $99 fees rolling in; however, I think everyone who's been paying attention has already paid their $99 (or canceled overlapping reservations), and I don't think much is going to happen in the first 48 hours of the new site to tip off those people who haven't paid attention what's going on. After 48 hours, though, there should be a field day for people looking to snag all those auto-cancellations.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

As a Wyndham stockholder the changes may be good. As a Wyndham timeshare owner the changes don't impact our business. I'm glad I didn't acquire contracts across the Wyndham inventory. We own where we need ARP for what we do to pay our maintenance fees.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
And few readers here will lose those "overlapping 6 months out" reservations.

And THOSE "nonTUG reading" Wyndham owners WILL BE SEARCHING the internet to hang Wyndham. Those owners with a Sat-Sat having the FOLLOW week being a FRI-FRI .. for their July 4th Holiday 2 week vacation cancelled due to the overlap ... 6 weeks before the 14 day before checkin overlap ... because the owner did NOT put 1 reservation in wife's name and the other in the husband's name when he made them MONTHS ago.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hasn't Wyndham been email those with overlapping reservations?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hasn't Wyndham been email those with overlapping reservations?

Likely they have, but based upon the reactions here on TUG, a good 5% of owners do not get email from Wyndham. It might be due to wrong email address, or spam filters set too high. But 5% across an owner base of 500,000 will result in some who have no idea what changes have been made. And they will not know until they login to check on the two rooms they booked at 13 months for their once-a-year vacation, only to find that one or both rooms were cancelled by The Great Oz of Wyndham.