• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tips for Sanibel?

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We haven't been there in a few years, but we always enjoyed eating at the Island Cow. Very good food and large portions. We always had leftovers for another day.

Sheila

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
We haven't been there in a few years, but we always enjoyed eating at the Island Cow. Very good food and large portions. We always had leftovers for another day.

Sheila
We ate there early in our stay and enjoyed it. Large portions and nice decor.

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you are golfers? We stayed at Lehigh Acres New Years 2016 and we had a wonderful time. We played golf on the property they have a nine hole course. Too bad the pool is closed. We enjoyed sitting by the pool. Lots of families there when we stayed. I called it a hidden gem, because when you drive up you will be appalled at the appearance located behind a gas station in what looks like a place forgotten. But when you get past the bumpy road, it's really a nice place. By no means as fancy as Sanibel but a nice place to relax. I did a review on TUG.
Silentg

We arrived today and found the pool still open. The contractor is behind schedule so nothing has been done yet. Work could start any day now, but I'm sure they won't arrive on Sunday, so at least we have today and tomorrow, and if we're lucky, maybe longer.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
That's good to hear

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We left estero on Saturday and are in Wisconsin for four months. I sure miss Florida already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still no sign of the pool contractors. We can't figure out why the resort feels the pool must be renovated. It seems fine to us, but there must be something we don't know about it.

Yesterday we went to the Edison & Ford Winter Home/museum, and it was very worthwhile. Drive time was about thirty minutes, and traffic wasn't bad at all.

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We made it through the whole week without work being done on the pool. A few workmen were looking things over a couple days ago. Our week on Sanibel was more exciting, but we've enjoyed Lehigh's laid back vibe, the activities, and the other guests staying here.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We stayed at Lehigh Acres 15 years ago while we were house hunting down here. That resort had more activities than any other place I've ever been, maybe because they are so far from the beach and most of the action. It was the first place I ever heard of pickleball and frisby tree golf.

By the way, what were your favorite things about Sanibel?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Lehigh Acres 15 years ago while we were house hunting down here. That resort had more activities than any other place I've ever been, maybe because they are so far from the beach and most of the action. It was the first place I ever heard of pickleball and frisby tree golf.

We stayed there while house hunting also, six weeks, but not in a row in 2003.

Polly Metallic

TUG Member
Reaction score

Our resort was a short walk to Lighthouse Beach, which was nice, and we enjoyed the views from the bay and from the gulf. The island has a pleasant laid back vibe which we appreciated. We went to Ding Darling nature preserve, had some nice meals on Sanibel and Captiva in quaint, beachy type settings, did a little shopping in the upscale stores, and generally swam and relaxed in lounge chairs with some audiobooks. It was a very relaxing vacation which is exactly what we wanted.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We left estero on Saturday and are in Wisconsin for four months. I sure miss Florida already.

Are you seriously going to "miss" being in SW Florida in June, July, August and September, or are you actually just saying that "tongue in cheek"? :ponder:

If serious, you must really and truly love Florida. Personally, I could not / would not tolerate being stuck in the heat and humidity of Florida during any part of June through September --- not to mention that those particular months constitute about two thirds of hurricane season. To each their own, of course.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had forties and rain for most of the ten days we have been back. So next year, I think we will wait for June. We were in a drought I. Florida, they just got a storm two days ago after months of barely any rain. Yes I love Florida