• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ebay selling a VIP Platinum Account?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a similar auction a few months ago that was discussed here, outcome unknown.

Some here were given platinum after buying resale. Perhaps it happens if it's a new account.

When I bought my first contract, the prior owner didn't have any other contracts, so they just replaced his personal info with mine using the same member number. If it was platinum, perhaps it would have stuck.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My first resale purchase was three converted fixed weeks; 385000 points (154k, 126k, and 105k) and I became an instant Silver. I never figured out how or why or if it could be duplicated. There have also reports here on tug from others that got "surprise" vip status with resale purchase. and I remember one guy that said he knew of certain contracts that transferred with vip eligibility intact. And there was a time that you could convert Pahio weeks (purchased on the secondary market) to VIP eligible points with a small direct purchase. I did that twice. I never sold those weeks, but isnt it possible that they would transfer with the vip eligibility intact?

So maybe the ebay guy has figured out the secret... If you buy I would make sure your money is held in escrow to be released only when you see that you have a VIP account

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's the same seller as the last one. So it must of been successful.

I love the innocents Ron!! You have no idea who it is. Right
HA-HA-HA

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually should have bought the last one.
Would've saved me $70,000.00.

Oh well life goes on. At least I paid cash.
I also know at least 2 more generations are enjoying it also.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I looked at this listing and at the seller's feedback. The previous platinum contract this seller sold was sold in mid February. Has there been enough time for the ownership to have transferred over yet? You can only add feedback on a sale or purchase for a limited amount of time. The timeshares take longer to close than than the timeframe to add feedback. I would want to know the name of the closing company to be able to check them out beforehand. Isn't the closing company who you send your payment to and they hold the money in escrow?

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I'd be leery, honestly. Maybe it will work out at first, then 2 years from now WYN does one of their infamous "audits" & you're stripped of VIP status.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be leery, honestly. Maybe it will work out at first, then 2 years from now WYN does one of their infamous "audits" & you're stripped of VIP status.
Exactly why I didn't buy the first one.

It was listed right here on Tug before it was on eBay. I inquired about it here and got cold feet. For the exact reason you stated.

I don't know if points and keeping direct purchase benefits are tied to the deed or not. These contracts are converted weeks at certain resorts. I could be wrong on thst
Ron or one of a handful of owners can answer that.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance Fee: $5,121 Annually or $427 Monthly
(That's ONLY $3.59/1000 points!)

How is the MF so low?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
One safe way to purchase these points is to put the purchase on a credit card, but only if the transfer happens within 60 days. If the VIP membership doesn't transfer and the purchase is within 60 days dispute the charged as being fraud. The wording in the add states in so many word that the purchase includes a VIP Platinum ownership. But you are always running the risk the account with be reconciled down the road and losing the benefit.

BigRedNole

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this was legit and you are GUARANTEED Platinum VIP, I would consider it if I were in a position to.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no guarantees and it go against Wyndham published policies. It's too risky unless someone wants that many points. After all, points are points. .

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
No one can know what Wyndham might do in the future Even a VIP ownership purchased directly from Wyndham might lose benefits...... Oh wait. That just happened

The only guarantee the seller can offer is that your money will be held in escrow until each transfer is complete and your account says platinum VIP at the top. If it dosent you get your money back and the points for free

Assuming the mf is as stated then this thing is probably worth 3 cents a point even without the VIP

Last thing: if I was selling this I wouldn't accept credit cards I'd want a wire. Because as any real estate agent will tell you "buyers are liers"

My point is the the seller has to trust the buyer as much as the buyers have to trust the seller. If your due diligence leaves you still not trusting this guy , don't buy.

I'm waiting for his price to come down a bit. If I can get this for 2 cents a point I'm willing to take the risk I know it's worth that much to me even without the VIP fees

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ron

I thought you were getting rid of points not getting more of them. Or it is just something you do by habit?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance Fee: $5,121 Annually or $427 Monthly
(That's ONLY $3.59/1000 points!)

How is the MF so low?

May need to check whether that includes the associated CWP fees or not. There are a (very few) resorts that offer fees under $4/K. Bali Hai, Canterbury, South Shore, a few select converted weeks, etc. Not saying it isn't right but might not have the CWP fees included.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
My point is the the seller has to trust the buyer as much as the buyers have to trust the seller. If your due diligence leaves you still not trusting this guy , don't buy.

I'm waiting for his price to come down a bit. If I can get this for 2 cents a point I'm willing to take the risk I know it's worth that much to me even without the VIP fees
I trusted the seller. After all he wears the Blue everyday at work.
I was worried Wyndham would take away the VIP in a year or two.

Agree with Rons price if someone can use the points. What you save in MFs will pay for the points in a few years and probably hold its value.

I don't want a second membership so I'm out. I must be the only one affected by the 10 contract rule

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ron, you are saying we should trust the sellers. What if they are Wyndham sales weasels? I'm just asking. . .

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not afraid to ask, sure the seller who was on TUG before is probably reading this thread anyways. The seller states this account is made up of four deeded points contracts all at Bali Hai. That would explain the MFs. According to the sticky thread it is $3.45 per 1k so adding in the club fee that should be close.

If you are in the market for VIP and willing to roll the dice on what will happen with this contract in the future it maybe worth it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, you are saying we should trust the sellers. What if they are Wyndham sales weasels? I'm just asking. . .

Absolutely. If you are buying anything you have to trust the seller. If you can't establish a trusting relationship, walk away

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
May need to check whether that includes the associated CWP fees or not. There are a (very few) resorts that offer fees under $4/K. Bali Hai, Canterbury, South Shore, a few select converted weeks, etc. Not saying it isn't right but might not have the CWP fees included.

Even if this does not include the program fee, the high side of the MF would only be $4.16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if this does not include the program fee, the high side of the MF would only be $4.16.

It is Bali Hai, seller confirmed when I asked.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is Bali Hai, seller confirmed when I asked.

He didn't happen to tell you what size the underlying contracts were did he?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not afraid to ask, sure the seller who was on TUG before is probably reading this thread anyways.
I will give you a clue.
He liked Ron's earlier post.
Yes he's watching and reading

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I don't own anything but I am a broker. Can you say "points manager"
Ron, I talked to a points manager you mentioned in a thread, can't remember where. They seemed only interested in VIP status contracts. For resale accounts their offer would have covered about half of my MF's. Is this your experience. We are using, and will use all of our points for the next several years, so no real issue for us. But points managers are going to become a more and more useful resource I think.

Last edited: