• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 ] Palmera Vacation Club

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I did finally get the money but it took longer than I was expecting.(Almost five months) They said they had to make sure I owned what I told them I owned and did not owe anything on it before they could pay.
I do not have much experience in booking yet as I have just made my first reservation. If they all are as easy as this booking however,I can't complain.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I did finally get the money but it took longer than I was expecting.(Almost five months) They said they had to make sure I owned what I told them I owned and did not owe anything on it before they could pay.
I do not have much experience in booking yet as I have just made my first reservation. If they all are as easy as this booking however,I can't complain.
Gbelcinia, Can you be specific about your exchange? What did you get in Myrtle Beach, what resort, size and week? What resorts did you trade in?

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I traded into Wyndham Ocean Blvd. on the second week of June. I wanted July but there was nothing available. My daughter will just have finished school so I was hoping to get it a little later but the next week they had was the end of August and she would already have been back in school. The resorts I traded were Holiday Inn Myrtle Beach and a small Diamond Int. Points package. The maintenance fees on the Diamond were high for what you got for it.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Any way you could copy and paste a screen print of the exchange or send me a PM? I really just can't believe that was a 1000 Palmera exchange. It is outside of any discount period so it should be closer to 10,000 Palmera points for that kind of exchange even if their was availability which currently I only see October and November nothing anywhere near summer.

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am not very good on a computer as far as copy and paste goes,but my wife is good at that.
I will have to have her do that for me. It is not a discount however. All the inventory that I pick from on my program is 1000 points or less. I actually paid full point value. You may be looking at a different point system.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. I would like that. It doesn't seem like your experience is like earlier posters who said the 1000 weeks are only select RCI weeks 45 days or less and that 3000 points wouldn't be enough to book a single Palmera June-August week within the club.

Ok I found this link to the 1000 point RCI vacations.
When you go in looking at online availability right now how many US vacations are available for 1000 points (throughout the next 2 years)?

Last edited:

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am glad you found it. That is the program my wife used when searching. That is what sold us on the program to begin with.
Another tip I can give you is she actually did not find the June week in Myrtle Beach by using the online booking you just showed. She ended up calling and put in a search and it took a couple of days to get what we needed. We waited a little bit too long to book a summer week at the beach so there was not much to choose from.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am glad you found it. That is the program my wife used when searching. That is what sold us on the program to begin with.
Another tip I can give you is she actually did not find the June week in Myrtle Beach by using the online booking you just showed. She ended up calling and put in a search and it took a couple of days to get what we needed. We waited a little bit too long to book a summer week at the beach so there was not much to choose from.
Your going to want to double check that confirmation. When you call and put in a search you can't specify just the 1000 point inventory. The 1000 points inventory is either off off season or discounted. My experience is that the type of unit that you mentioned would only be discounted at 1 week prior to check in if at all. I have seen Wyndham National Harbor the 3 days before check in during March at full point value which in terms of Palmera club would be about 8000 points. If your week was the first or second week in June the values would be 4000/6000/8000 depending on size 1br/2br/3br. You will want to make sure they didn't deduct all of your this years points and some or all of next years points.

The kind of inventory you should expect for 1000 points in Myrtle Beach booked beyond 45 days are Dec-early March studio and 1 br units and an occasional sleeps 2 hotel units through May but these would most likely not be within walking distance of the beach. Its the kind of inventory that RCI often has in its extra vacations for $300-400 for the week and often has sales which bring it to below the exchange fee of $230.

So my guess is one of 3 things happened.
1. You got a very very rare glitch point price for that unit. I would never expect it to happen again this far out. If you have an ongoing search and search several times daily especially 21-3 days prior to check in you might get the same thing again in the future. Otherwise think Orlando, Williamsburg, Branson type vacations 45 days in advance or off season smaller units.

2. You were lucky to confirm with a search this late in the game but you are using 6000 points (not 1000) for the 2 br unit.

3. You are a shill, working for Palmera vacation club and completely making up your exchange and trade in story. It really makes no sense that Palmera (basically the new name after Coral Resorts had several legal problems and years of complaints) can sell the kind of program that you are describing for $2000. Your trade ins were worth nothing and if Pamera were able to "dispose" of them, they would have had to pay someone to take them and then place them in an LLC in all likelihood bankrupt the LLC if they could not convince the developers to take the weeks back.

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I was trying to help you but I really don't owe you anything. I did not pay $2000. I paid $2000 on top of my two trades. I can't help if you are not happy with your purchase but I did get what I booked and I hope it was not a fluke like you say. I will check back when I book my next trip and hope you are mistaken. If you are correct,I will say that as well.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You don't owe me but it would be helpful if you could provide a print screen of your exchange. I am happy with what I own for the most part. If the program was what you say it is I would be willing to do it myself. I just don't think it is and would like more than your word before making that type of transaction. I currently own an EOY week managed by Palmera which gets the equivalent of 10,000 Palmera points for a MF of around $960 paid EOY.

Your two trade ins have a negative value so you gave them something that they have to pay to dispose of and $2000. There are tons of people who would do the kind of deal you did if it were real. To trade in two high MF resorts in exchange for a new one with a MF of around $500 or so and get multiple in season or shoulder season exchanges into top 20% rci resorts. I am trying to help myself and them with proof. Even with just your name, I could confirm the price your HI Myrtle sold for. I am not saying your number 3 but without evidence I doubt your number 1.

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gold Crown at Los Olas in Satellite Beach, Florida
We purchased a Palmera Vacation Club package that included 2,000 points, Quest membership and golf benefit (just pay cart fees for a round up to four rounds per day during a stay) -- the deal included a trade in of our Gold Crown RCI January Red week (sleeps 6) in Los Olas in Satellite Beach, Florida. We have not been able to get any status report on the sale of our trade-in, however, and are wondering if any of you know whether or not PVC follows through on their trade-in promise. We would not have purchased another timeshare without the opportunity of getting out from under our existing one. It is a nice one but we are too far away to enjoy it anymore.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I encourage you to read your contract very carefully. If it isn't specifically in the contract you may be out of luck. How long ago did you purchase PVC? By your questions about the status of your transfer it sounds like it was more than 5 days ago.

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I encourage you to read your contract very carefully. If it isn't specifically in the contract you may be out of luck. How long ago did you purchase PVC? By your questions about the status of your transfer it sounds like it was more than 5 days ago.
Thanks -- fraud of course trumps the contract -- bought it in early March -- really interested in knowing if anyone has any experience with Palmera Vacation Club following through on their promise to sell the trade-in and credit the buyer? My wife and I have knowledge of multiple promises both before the contract was signed and in consideration of us not rescinding the contract after it was signed within the 5 day statutory period so we would have multiple causes of action if it turns out that PVC does not keep its word. Does anyone know of instances where people were actually paid. The person above says he was finally paid five months later and that is encouraging but we would like others to confirm if this is the case or not.

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any reply from Gbelcinia would be much appreciated!

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would you or anyone else be able to describe the process of getting paid by Palmera for your trade-in. I've tried contacting them but they will not respond and I'm getting worried that we were scammed!

Clwin

Reaction score
Has anyone been paid by Palmero for timeshares that were traded?

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have not been paid and the person above who claims such has not responded. Wondering if some of the posts are "plants" by Palmera?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have not been paid and the person above who claims such has not responded. Wondering if some of the posts are "plants" by Palmera?
That was my suggestion. What about his claims that he received a 2 br Wyndham Myrtle beach for the second week of June for 1000 points requesting more than 60 days in advance. In your experience is that kind of inventory in the 1000 point range in advance or if available more in the 4000-8000 range?

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That was my suggestion. What about his claims that he received a 2 br Wyndham Myrtle beach for the second week of June for 1000 points requesting more than 60 days in advance. In your experience is that kind of inventory in the 1000 point range in advance or if available more in the 4000-8000 range?
No -- I am so disappointed in Palmera -- I wish they would just respond to my communications but I am seriously starting to doubt their good faith!

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
Simply put, Palmera Vacation Club is a scam. Nothing they tell you is in any contract. It's all BS to get you to hand over your hard owned money. My wife and I attended one of their presentations, purchased a membership, and canceled the next day. We had to go through our credit cart to get the refund. It is amazing that they have so many slick sweet talkers who are all on the same page. Every single one of them is in on the sting. It is a classic con job that has been run for decades. If you do any research, you will find out just that. They operate on the premise that people generally don't bring their business hat to vacation, and therefore are very vulnerable to their con. Palmera has been sued many times in their previous version. Don't beat yourself up, but get out of it if you can. Save yourself!!!!

ed silberhorn

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, we will!

jkfissjr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plan with Tan
Dear Ed S.,
They also operate with the knowledge that it would cost way more to sew them than whatever you got taken for. That is why in the past they have been the subject of class actions. Unfortunately, you are in vacation club purgatory. My suggestion is that you contact the law firm I mentioned in one of my earlier posts in February. They are on Hilton head Island and have been in class actions against Palmera's previous version.

Good luck to you,
JKF

Gbelcinia

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Ed
I am sorry that I did not get back to you sooner but I am rarely on a computer just for browsing. I finally did get paid on my trades,but as I said earlier it took around 5 months and that was a little longer than I was lead to believe. But I can't really complain because I did get paid was was agreed to when I was at the presentation.
I will report back when I try to book another trip and let you know if it goes as well as the first one or if that was just a fluke as another person wondered. I really don't have any immediate plans for another trip however.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Port O Call, Palmera Vacation Club
I have been a Port O call owner for years, recently switched to Palmera, since then booked a smart stay week as they call them for $420 coming up and all seems to be good so far. Actually excited about new benefits that they say I now have with the club.

Starbright

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Island Links, Coral Reef, Disney
Thanks -- fraud of course trumps the contract -- bought it in early March -- really interested in knowing if anyone has any experience with Palmera Vacation Club following through on their promise to sell the trade-in and credit the buyer? My wife and I have knowledge of multiple promises both before the contract was signed and in consideration of us not rescinding the contract after it was signed within the 5 day statutory period so we would have multiple causes of action if it turns out that PVC does not keep its word. Does anyone know of instances where people were actually paid. The person above says he was finally paid five months later and that is encouraging but we would like others to confirm if this is the case or not.
I am convinced now we got totally scammed and wanted to know if anyone has gotten out of the contract once they realized they have been a victim of fraud