• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

email just received - Important Updates to Your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Guidelines

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
Wyndham Club Wyndham Access
Maybe, but it seems you can no longer rely on getting the unit with an upgrade at a points discount (so no 3 bedroom for 50% of a studio). It would likely have to be a very high dollar rental to make enough of a profit to make it worthwhile, let alone cover a second $99 gust certificate.
Maybe, but it seems you can no longer rely on getting the unit with an upgrade at a points discount (so no 3 bedroom for 50% of a studio). It would likely have to be a very high dollar rental to make enough of a profit to make it worthwhile, let alone cover a second $99 gust certificate.

Currently, if there are multiple upgrade options you can choose the one you want. Under the auto-upgrade feature, I suspect the upgrade will be only to the next level. In other words, if you booked a 1-BR deluxe in hopes of being upgraded to a 1 or 2 BR Presidential, you'll likely end up with an upgrade to a 2-BR deluxe if one is available. After all, that's the next best unit. Don't like this feature at all! If I don't opt for auto-upgrade, it doesn't sound like there's going to be a way for me to search for and claim an upgrade for myself. And if I've got multiple back-to-back weeks rented, this could turn into a nightmare making me move every week based on what the auto-upgrade gives me. Ugh!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think that Wyndham is hoping there might be gold members who don't have enough points to book multiple units that may now be able to catch auto upgrades that may be cancelled by those who have plans that change. I think that they are hoping to convince those owners to upgrade to platinum to have a larger window to catch such upgrades without checking for them constantly. On the Wyndham facebook page for every one unhappy owner it seems like there are at least 2 happy owners who feel that this will level the playing field. I am sure wyndham is going to spin this as a positive

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
Maybe I misread in the past but how many guest certificates does platinum VIP get each year? I was thinking it was unlimited.

Platinum gets 15 guest confirmations per 1 million eligible points per year. Eligible points are supposedly "points associated with ownership interests purchased directly through Wyndham Vacation Resorts or its afficiates, Bonus Points and PIC enrollments..." (page 346 of 2014-15 Member's Directory). So presumably, resale points wouldn't qualify but that's only the case if the new system can distinguish between developer and resale points.

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
Any day check in might eliminate some split reservations.

Being able to make a reservation for more than 7 days might save some transactions also

I wonder how likely reservations for more than 7 days will be to get the auto-upgrades?

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
I think that Wyndham is hoping there might be gold members who don't have enough points to book multiple units that may now be able to catch auto upgrades that may be cancelled by those who have plans that change. I think that they are hoping to convince those owners to upgrade to platinum to have a larger window to catch such upgrades without checking for them constantly. On the Wyndham facebook page for every one unhappy owner it seems like there are at least 2 happy owners who feel that this will level the playing field. I am sure wyndham is going to spin this as a positive

It sounds like the auto-upgrade will eliminate checking for upgrades constantly. And your priority for upgrades will be based on booking at the earliest possible window. Throwing in the different upgrade windows based on VIP level (60 days for platinum, 45 for gold, 30 for silver), this sounds messy. Will a Platinum owner who booked at 10 months get priority over a Gold member who booked at 13 using ARP or RARP simply because their upgrade window opens 15 days earlier? The software programming will be tricky for this IMO. Wyndham hasn't really explained the fine points of how they have set this up to work.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Might just be nitpicking here, but the change to RT's bugs me. We like the idea of staying at multiple places on our trips. I recently booked a multi stay trip out west at four different resorts. Then I had to change it. Instead of the two RT's under the old system I would have used up 8! I understand why they did it, but the big renters will just add it to the price of the rental, and the little guys are screwed. They should at least double the number of free ones we get.

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
Overall, I think that the changes won't really affect many. Except for the fact that one RT not being good for an entire day, which kinda stinks. Otherwise, I think the positives outweigh that negative for most. Those used to credit pooling, probably won't be happy. Stripping contracts will end, which is probably a good thing. That practice always sounded like a ponzi scheme to me.

I'm really excited about the laxing of the rules regarding check-in day and also the length of the reservation. It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I'm thinking that the new policy might create a lot of orphaned days, which is probably an unintended consequence.

Is this how reservations work in Worldmark? I ask because I don't own any. Does Worldmark allow 14 day reservations and any checkin day?

I'm with you on thinking the any-day check-in will create orphan days. Take a look at calendars on VRBO, TripAdvisor, etc and you will see a lot of this. But maybe those folks who want short vacations will find more opportunities. Hopefully the search function will be more robust to allow these windows of opportunity to be readily identified.

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
Actually, looking at the page someone attached above - that is NOT what is says AT ALL. It says that you must put the guest's name on AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. If you don't have the guest name, you cannot make the reservation IF THAT RESERVATION IS WITHIN 48 HOURS OF CHECK-IN of ANY OTHER RESERVATION on your account! So, for example, If I wanted to go from Wyndham's Las Vegas resort to Sedona, there would have to be a minimum 2 night stay in between the start of the first reservation and the start of the next one in order to avoid the Guest certificate.

This is talking about booking more than one unit with dates that overlap within the same period within 48 hours of check-in. It doesn't appear to me to be addressing back-to-back single reservations which is what you seem to be referencing in your example of going from Wyndham in Las Vegas to Wyndham in Sedona. Unless you are booking more than one room with overlapping dates, I don't see how you'd be impacted.

NCQuilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham King Cotton
I registered for the preview site last September when I got my first email from Wyndham describing it. I logged on today to check it out, and there was so specific ownership info related to my account. Just my name and security info. I didn't even see my account number anywhere. I called a VC and they said not to worry - it will all be uploaded before the new system goes on-line.

With the ability to make ARP reservations on-line coming, I also asked how would someone make a request to reserve a specific unit - which is something we have been doing for over ten years as a Plat VIP benefit. The VC said that was a good question - she said that there would be a way to add specific requests to your reservation, but didn't know how those requests would be handled.
Doug

My data seems to come and go. Some days my 5 contracts are listed, some days none or only a portion. Some days I can display the details of the contracts, other days I cannot. There's also a problem with Assessment info. Sometimes I see all Assessment info for 5 contracts, sometimes fewer. And nothing lets me drill down to the line item details of the Assessments for individual contracts despite there being a "+" mark to the right of each. Clicking on a "+" usually opens up detailed info, but this is not working on the new owner site at this time.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My data seems to come and go. Some days my 5 contracts are listed, some days none or only a portion. Some days I can display the details of the contracts, other days I cannot. There's also a problem with Assessment info. Sometimes I see all Assessment info for 5 contracts, sometimes fewer. And nothing lets me drill down to the line item details of the Assessments for individual contracts despite there being a "+" mark to the right of each. Clicking on a "+" usually opens up detailed info, but this is not working on the new owner site at this time.

The problems relating to the displaying of the contract details under the Ownership tab was my starting point other than I would get varying number of contracts on each click of the button. Rarely would all of them show. The problem was with the data that was entered in the existing system. After a prolonged period of time, working with Title, I got enough of the data corrected that it consistently shows either zero contracts or the correct number. Many clicks on the Ownership tab are frequently needed to get the contracts to show.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It sounds like the auto-upgrade will eliminate checking for upgrades constantly. And your priority for upgrades will be based on booking at the earliest possible window. Throwing in the different upgrade windows based on VIP level (60 days for platinum, 45 for gold, 30 for silver), this sounds messy. Will a Platinum owner who booked at 10 months get priority over a Gold member who booked at 13 using ARP or RARP simply because their upgrade window opens 15 days earlier? The software programming will be tricky for this IMO. Wyndham hasn't really explained the fine points of how they have set this up to work.

The programming will not be that tricky....and I would expect that Platinums would start searching for upgrades at the 60 day window, Gold at 45, etc. The devil is in the details... is it a nightly cycle or does any cancellation automatically try to match to a pending upgrade list ranked by reservation date and/or VIP status?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not confident this will put an end to megarenters or those who choose to book a number of units during the same period. Some of these folks have multiple accounts, and multiple owners for each individual account. It appears each owner of an account can have a booking in his/her name and these will not be considered multiple bookings. Those with multiple accounts can simply book units in different accounts. And if the above don't apply or aren't sufficient for multiple bookings in the same period, megarenters will simply put guest confirmations in the names of friends or relatives, then change them when a real renter is booked. If the megarenters are platinum owners, they get 15 free guest confirmations per year per 1 million points. If that's not enough, they'll just modify their rents to cover their expenses. This is just my opinion of why megarenting will not be eliminated entirely by the changes. Now, if the new system can differentiate between developer and resale points, maybe there is potential to squelch more of the megarenter activity. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

what you say regarding multiple accounts is true; the catch , however is that you need multiple Platinum accounts, and that aint easy... How many folks have multiple platinum accounts? Maybe the goal here isnt to end mega renting today, but rather make it difficult for existingrenters, draw a line and make it impossible to become a mega renter going forward. Given that you need multiple Platinum accounts to make it work, How many new guys are likely to buy there way into multiple platinum accounts if you figure it will cost something in the range of $100000 to put one together

I know that the points managers that manage lots of small accounts are likely to be able to continue what they do. the key word here is "small". Based on conversations Ive had with wyndham executives, they dont like the owners that have put together large scale commercial operations. Owners that do a few rentals to offset their fees are not their target because they arent, in wyndhams eyes "commercial" What the clients of the points managers have done is to hire a broker to do their rentals for them. They are still small owners, and they are only trying to offset their fees

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
VIP Points are NOT restricted to developer purchased.
...so far.

Will a Platinum owner who booked at 10 months get priority over a Gold member who booked at 13 using ARP or RARP simply because their upgrade window opens 15 days earlier? The software programming will be tricky for this IMO.
I would assume so, yes. And I would expect any of my students who have passed EECS 280 to be able to write the code that does that properly. In fact, they do something very much like this as a small part of one of their projects.

Granted, Wyndham's IT systems don't give one a lot of hope, but stranger things have happened.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Platinum gets 15 guest confirmations per 1 million eligible points per year. Eligible points are supposedly "points associated with ownership interests purchased directly through Wyndham Vacation Resorts or its afficiates, Bonus Points and PIC enrollments..." (page 346 of 2014-15 Member's Directory). So presumably, resale points wouldn't qualify but that's only the case if the new system can distinguish between developer and resale points.

This is how confirmations work today and sounds like they will continue to work. For guest confirmations only developer points are used to determine GC eligibility (one of the few things today that is able to differentiate between the developer and resale). Unless there is a glitch or something (haha, no way), I know for me only my developer points are considered for my GC's.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree the auto-upgrade change is not a good thing for VIP Gold and Platinum owners, nor for those who don't/can't make long-range plans. Now what will the Sales peeps come up with to sell us all those extra points that have been touted for use in cancel/rebook?

Upgrade sales are the most important thing to wyndham, New sales are important only because they are tomorrows upgrade. Perhaps the salesmen will focus on the quality of the accommodations and let the product sell itself... Maybe they will focus on the legacy resorts where a two bedroom is cheap at full price and its still possible to get an upgrade in the 60 day window

The folks that buy to have access to Hawaii, New York San Francisco etc, will be sold on the difference between the price and size of local hotel competition and the wyndham accommodation, discounts and upgrades will be presented as a possible thing, but not the big deal and they will be sold points deeded at those resorts (low mf)

Worldmark dosent have discounts or upgrades and yet Wyndham is still able to sell it using a package of benefits they call TravelShare... Perhaps they can do the same with Club Wyndham, focus on the other benefits of VIP, like Plus Partners

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the auto-upgrade will eliminate checking for upgrades constantly. And your priority for upgrades will be based on booking at the earliest possible window. Throwing in the different upgrade windows based on VIP level (60 days for platinum, 45 for gold, 30 for silver), this sounds messy. Will a Platinum owner who booked at 10 months get priority over a Gold member who booked at 13 using ARP or RARP simply because their upgrade window opens 15 days earlier?
Another approach would be to award the automatic upgrade to the highest credit reservations next down in line, so all two bedroom units, for example, would have a chance at an upgrade, regardless of reservation date, before any one bedroom units can upgrade. That would be fair to the Gold or Silver owners who have a two bedroom but a later upgrade window.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Might just be nitpicking here, but the change to RT's bugs me. We like the idea of staying at multiple places on our trips. I recently booked a multi stay trip out west at four different resorts. Then I had to change it. Instead of the two RT's under the old system I would have used up 8! I understand why they did it, but the big renters will just add it to the price of the rental, and the little guys are screwed. They should at least double the number of free ones we get.
The big renters dont worry about RT's or housekeeping because they are working in Platinum accounts

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark dosent have discounts or upgrades and yet Wyndham is still able to sell it using a package of benefits they call TravelShare... Perhaps they can do the same with Club Wyndham, focus on the other benefits of VIP, like Plus Partners
I am sure sales will focus on the "possibility" of upgrades, not the "probability" of upgrades, and present the possibility of upgrading from a one bedroom to a four bedroom and make it sound as though it happens all the time with no problems.

Salesperson: "Reserve four one-bedroom units. When the upgrade to the four-bedroom happens, cancel the one-bedroom unit. Your whole family can vacation together for the price of a one-bedroom."

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Couple of things really hurt the silver and small owners.

The 14 day reservation. Owners with enough points book the week before and the week they want. If you don't have enough points for the 14 days you could be locked out of the highest demand times you want. This actually helps the mega renter to focus on the highest demand times especially if they have ARP at that particular resort.

GCs should be like points you cancel you get back. Or change names it's still only one used.

They have to control size of ownership in a membership. Either by the 10 contract limit or put a hard cap on GCs period you can't get anymore. 30 or 45 remember you get back what you don't use.

That will upset hardly anyone but the mega-renter.

I think more VIPs have added resale points to their membership than most realize. Because of that Wyndham will not cut off VIP benefits to resale. I agree with Ron that would upset way to many owners and it probably won't happen

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Couple of things really hurt the silver and small owners.

The 14 day reservation. Owners with enough points book the week before and the week they want. If you don't have enough points for the 14 days you could be locked out of the highest demand times you want. This actually helps the mega renter to focus on the highest demand times especially if they have ARP at that particular resort.

Marriott multiple week owners have been doing this for ages, the more weeks you have the more weeks you can string together to make a booking that spans multiple weeks to give you a head start over everyone else.

So now with Wyndham and ARP or RARP if you have enough points you could take a longer ressie, However Wyndham does not have a change feature, just a cancel and rebook so if you don't want all the extra days you will still have to cancel it and hope to be able to book it back.

Wyndham booking window is based on checkin date.

HGVC has solved this as booking window is based on checkout date, giving everyone a level field. Another plus for HGVC is they have CHANGABLE reservations, that you pay once for the transaction and you can change it at no charge. Wish Wyndham has that in cases where you don't want to lose a high demand stay, but you need to drop of add a day.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. They could cancel rebook still under ARP or standard. Probably be successful almost 100 percent. No waitlist

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still think that these changes really screw over Gold VIP members. :( And no, Wyndham, I'mm not going to buy enough points to go platinum.

Time will tell....

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually I can see where this makes sense, at least in Wyndham's eyes. You paid more so you get first crack at an upgrade being platinum, gold your next, etc.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk