• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Grabbed St. Thomas

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was checking out what was on II just before we placed our exchange for next winter and saw an efficiency at Bluebeard's Beach Club the second week of December. So, we're going to be there for our anniversary. Never been there and pointers for the island and car rental will be appreciated.

Great trip right before we head to Aruba for the winter. :banana:

Thanks!

Pappy Mentos

Reaction score
We actually just cancelled our trip when we received the following e-mail from RCI:

The staff at BLUEBEARD'S CASTLE has notified us that the Virgin Islands is implementing The 'Environmental/Infrastructure Impact Fee' which goes into effect on May 1, 2017and will require RCI inbounds, to pay a $25.00 per day fee or $175 per week. The bill requires that this fee be collected upon check- in by SPM Resorts -Virgin Island, LLC..

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a day trip to St. John. Look at the Marriott forum. One TUGGER had a last minute trip to Marriott Frenchman's Cove. Lots of suggestions there.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
We've been owners at BBBC for awhile. Great beach, swim up pool bar, restaurant, dive shack, and store. Take a day trip on the car ferry to St John or a day cruise to the BVI (need passport). We normally rent a car from Avis. It's $100 less if you take a cab from the airport and pickup the car from Seabourne.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
As for restaurants we like Oceana in Frenchtown, Room with a View at the Castle, and the Old Stone Farmhouse. We've been to Fish Tales in Red Hook the last couple of times and liked it.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was checking out what was on II just before we placed our exchange for next winter and saw an efficiency at Bluebeard's Beach Club the second week of December. So, we're going to be there for our anniversary. Never been there and pointers for the island and car rental will be appreciated.

Great trip right before we head to Aruba for the winter. :banana:

Thanks!

We will be staying at Bluebeards Beach Club next month and are keeping an eye on this thread for pointers and recommendations as well. I booked a car through Paradise car rental. They matched the price I was quoted from Avis so I thought I'd give them a shot. Local company that seems to get good reviews. Will let you know how our experience is with them after we return.

Mark

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
When we picked up our car at the airport, the best advise from the rental counter I got was "DRIVE ON THE LEFT AND HONK YOUR HORN.....ALOT". Had no problems was there for 2 wks. it was a hoot.....

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from St. Thomas. Used Paradise Car Rental. Very nice service, and I would use again.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
The new restaurant at BBC called Lanai has been a big hit with resort guests and locals alike. Great Food, lunch and dinner - nice bar crowd and a beautiful location. There is also a pool bar and small shop onsite that serves breakfast and lunch. For a "fancy meal" we like Havana Blue at the Marriott Morningstar Resort. Good seafood at Mimi's Seaside Bistro http://mimsseaside.com - they have an all you can eat shrimp night. Happy Hour we enjoy Fat Turtle at Yacht Haven Grand, and the SandBar, also at the Marriott.

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have never been to St Thomas either and got a match to the Marriott's Frenchman Cove Oct 8th for a 2 BR for our small 1 BR Sheraton Desert Oasis. Of course we have to pay the new fee to get the upgrade to the 2 BR. At least the 50% discount was in place so it was $49.50 for that. (Only the two of us but worth it for us so we can spread out and maybe invite another couple to join us. And love having a full kitchen and washer and dryer) We were also informed about the added $25/day fee so another $135. All in all, we are getting a great all in price for our accommodations.

The location of Bluebeard's Beach interests me because it looks like it would be quieter. And the beach looks nice. I don't know much about it. Do know it is a Wyndham property. For the next time for us the decision would be: quieter location or bigger unit with more amenities?

Been researching a lot the last few days and for car rental these are the ones that have had high reviews: Amalie, Dependable, Paradise. I think we are going with Amalie for a 2 seater Jeep for weekly total of $566.25. = $540 plus $3.75/day. Could change - I haven't seen the contract yet but they don't charge for additional driver and they have service in St John too in case of any problems while there.

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes when you return.

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips so far. What is the link to the Marriott Forum?

To get to the tip on the Marriott Forum go to -

Forum
Timeshare Resort Systems
Marriott Vacation Club
Look for the Thread titled "Marriott's Frenchman Cove in Oct

With our first trip to St Thomas in October I have so many questions too

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
You would pay the $25 per day at BBC also. Plus Wyndham usually has some sort of extra fees. The Marriott, in my opinion, would be a hands down winner over BBC. One you get there you'll see what I mean. MFC is not a noisy party location. Lots of activities for sure, and especially in October it shouldn't be too crowded. I like the little beach in front of MFC and you can always go to the bigger beach at Morningstar.
Amalie Car Rental is a solid choice. I've used all three, and they're all good. Dependable doesn't pick you up at the airport in the car you're going to drive and won't let you just drop off at the airport. Dependable also seems to have the oldest cars out of the three. And no service on St. John. But they are the cheapest. I would use either Paradise or Amalie next time depending on what car I wanted and what the price was.

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to see if there are other fees at Bluebeard's. I just read on the forum that they charge $22/day energy fee (that doesn't include Internet).