• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ko Olina future developments - for MVCI and for resort area as a whole?

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the plans, if any, for expansion of the Marriott Beach Club? Will it ever get a lazy river?

What are the plans for the whole Ko Olina resort complex area - in terms of new hotels and resorts, and in terms of new retail establishments?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
One more tower is planned where the employee parking lot is for mko. With this will come another restraunt and another pool. No lazy river at all.

For koolina there will be at least 2 more hotels and at least another residence or timeshare high rise.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
One more tower is planned where the employee parking lot is for mko. With this will come another restraunt and another pool. No lazy river at all.

For koolina there will be at least 2 more hotels and at least another residence or timeshare high rise.

Frank do you know where the Atlantis is supposed to go?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
At a recent sales presentation when I asked about the rumors to an Atlantis property going into Ko Olina, the salesman responded that the Atlantis group was seriously looking to develop there and that Marriott was being very supportive of the development. We had forgotten the Atlantis Paradise island property in the Bahamas is part of Marriott's autograph collection. If the Atlantis group builds in Ko Olina and it become an autograph hotel that would be beneficial for both Marriott and MVC.

We were also advised there is a lot of land owned next to the new JW Cabo Marriott and that overtime you can imagine what might get built there (i.e. Aka timeshare). There are also rumors if the vacation club stock price remains in the 90s for an extended period of time they might start developing resort properties again This lends some credibility to a potential future Cabo property. fingers crossed.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
That property also has access to Lagoon 2. I seem to recall that one of the two wedding chapels lost their lease and may have been part of the land deal. Not sure if it was the one next to Aulani or the beach club residences. If it's the one by the residences, it would make sense to align the hotel to flow to Lagoon 2

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
That property also has access to Lagoon 2. I seem to recall that one of the two wedding chapels lost their lease and may have been part of the land deal. Not sure if it was the one next to Aulani or the beach club residences. If it's the one by the residences, it would make sense to align the hotel to flow to Lagoon 2
I think it is the Chapel near lagoon 2. Huge dust fence around it now....

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Sigh lagoon 2 is my favorite now...

It wont be uncrowded when the new hotel opens. You still have at least 2 years to enjoy the solitude.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
It wont be uncrowded when the new hotel opens. You still have at least 2 years to enjoy the solitude.

That's ok 3 and 4 are good too. I feel bad for the condo owners it's not going to be quiet anymore.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have a townhouse there. When we bought it, we knew full well eventually the resort will be developed further. As long as the infrastructure follows with the new development (which I think it will), I'm ok with living in a more lively resort area :D

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah not so much the townhouses further in the beach from condo owners on lagoon 2. Though you're right it would be fun to have it developed

Kapolei

Reaction score
Yeah not so much the townhouses further in the beach from condo owners on lagoon 2. Though you're right it would be fun to have it developed

It (Ko Olina and Kapolei West) is likely to be over-developed. Think Southern California. I am not so sure it will be fun to see if you live in the area.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
It (Ko Olina and Kapolei West) is likely to be over-developed. Think Southern California. I am not so sure it will be fun to see if you live in the area.
Oh it will be. It'll be fun if you never have to sit in that traffic to town... the county has poor planning skills and is corrupt but it's a different conversation.....

Bill4728

Reaction score

We have heard that the road to Kapolei to Ko Olina will go through the new development and you will not have to us the freeway to get between the two anymore

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I may be watching too many superhero teevee shows with my daughter recently, but "China Oceanwide" totally sounds like the name of the fake holding company behind which the supervillian implements his various schemes.

#totally off-topic
#maybe it's just me

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have heard that the road to Kapolei to Ko Olina will go through the new development and you will not have to us the freeway to get between the two anymore

I think what Kapolei means is that when the area is developed out--if a vacationer wants to go into town or out of the resort area, traffic will be pretty horrendous. it'll be fun if you never leave Ko Olina/Kapolei but if you do, It's already quite bad. I left Ko Olina this morning at 5 am (friends are watching the kids while I work)--even though I was the ONLY car leaving Ko Olina--once you hit the freeway traffic was already building up--as you hit Aiea/Pearl City there was already a stalled vehicle on the middle of freeway already starting to back up traffic. the over development really cuts into quality of life, not only for residents but eventually tourists as well. Which is kinda sad...

BigMac

Reaction score
At a recent sales presentation when I asked about the rumors to an Atlantis property going into Ko Olina, the salesman responded that the Atlantis group was seriously looking to develop there and that Marriott was being very supportive of the development. We had forgotten the Atlantis Paradise island property in the Bahamas is part of Marriott's autograph collection. If the Atlantis group builds in Ko Olina and it become an autograph hotel that would be beneficial for both Marriott and MVC.

We were also advised there is a lot of land owned next to the new JW Cabo Marriott and that overtime you can imagine what might get built there (i.e. Aka timeshare). There are also rumors if the vacation club stock price remains in the 90s for an extended period of time they might start developing resort properties again This lends some credibility to a potential future Cabo property. fingers crossed.

I think this is just salesman BS. When we were in Cancun in 2014 the MVCI rep told us work was going to start on a new MVCI club there January 2015. never happened of course. The next year at the Puerto Vallarta Casa Magna they told us that if the shares sustained a price above $70 they would build MVCI clubs in 4 locations in Mexico. If you read the Companies quarterly and annual reports there is no hint of any of this. Only thing they have mentioned is something opening in Bali by the end of the year.

jcjl1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the rail status? When we were there in January, the construction was in East Kapolei. When is the projected completion and where in Ko Olina will the terminus be? This will probably be the biggest impact going forward.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The end of the line is near the university of hawaii west oahu campus. It does not go into the city of kapolei about 2 miles from the town.

Rail is delayed yet again. With completion date now for 2025 and i am pretty sure it will be later than that.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
The rail goes no where unfortunately....

Kapolei

Reaction score

I think they are trying to sort that all out right now. There is an existing plan for Kapolei West which would include that road. But, China Oceanwide Holdings has said very little about their plans so far.