• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Staying at SVR through II Getaways

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
I booked a villa at SVR via II on a Getaway deal. (Less than $600 for a premium 1 bedroom ... SWEET!) It was a spur of the moment decision to join my daughter's family for a week at Disney world. Going solo ... DH is out of vacation time for the year after our 2 1/2 weeks in Hawaii next month.

As an owner in VSN and SPG Gold, will I be recognized as such on this booking? Such as check-in gift, late check out, owner update, etc? Pretty sure Diamond Lane and grocery stock won't be available to me. Will housekeeping be as a timeshare stay (midweek refresh), or a hotel stay (daily or with something in lieu of daily)?

I wonder if I can request a building ... I will be using Uber to get around Orlando, and will need to walk to the lobby to meet up, so I'd like to be as close as possible.

Or will I likely get stuck in a villa with the crappiest view, in the worst location?
I've been trying to find the map that has the buildings per check in day ... can someone link me up?

This is mostly curiosity ... a large villa for under 100 bucks a night is a steal, so I'm not super picky on the details. If you've booked a Getaway in a VSE resort, how did the experience with staff compare to ownership or SO stays?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You will not receive any VSE owner benefits. With a II exchange, they don't accept special requests until check-in.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I booked a villa at SVR via II on a Getaway deal. (Less than $600 for a premium 1 bedroom ... SWEET!) It was a spur of the moment decision to join my daughter's family for a week at Disney world. Going solo ... DH is out of vacation time for the year after our 2 1/2 weeks in Hawaii next month.

As an owner in VSN and SPG Gold, will I be recognized as such on this booking? Such as check-in gift, late check out, owner update, etc? Pretty sure Diamond Lane and grocery stock won't be available to me. Will housekeeping be as a timeshare stay (midweek refresh), or a hotel stay (daily or with something in lieu of daily)?

I wonder if I can request a building ... I will be using Uber to get around Orlando, and will need to walk to the lobby to meet up, so I'd like to be as close as possible.

Or will I likely get stuck in a villa with the crappiest view, in the worst location?
I've been trying to find the map that has the buildings per check in day ... can someone link me up?

This is mostly curiosity ... a large villa for under 100 bucks a night is a steal, so I'm not super picky on the details. If you've booked a Getaway in a VSE resort, how did the experience with staff compare to ownership or SO stays?
We are Hyatt owners and used a Getaway to stay for a week at Lagunamar. We had an ocean view room and were quite pleased. We are going back in March. We didnt make a request as the price was so low we assumed we would not have a choice.We were thrilled with our week

zinger1457

Reaction score
We are Hyatt owners and used a Getaway to stay for a week at Lagunamar. We had an ocean view room and were quite pleased. We are going back in March. We didnt make a request as the price was so low we assumed we would not have a choice.We were thrilled with our week

It's been a while since I've been to the Lagunamar resort but aren't all the rooms there ocean view?

zinger1457

Reaction score

Other then an owner probably getting a better room location I would say there is little if any difference, the staff checking you in will know but the general staff have no idea if you're an owner or there on a Getaway.

Mexico279

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at vistana resort a few times with getaways, yes you can do diamond lane and request an area of the resort though I'm sure you are aware it is just a request but if you keep it loose enough and don't ask for a specific building they are usually very good at accommodating you, as for a welcome gift we are bog standard gold members so I don't know if the gift thing is for elite or platinum but I have no knowledge of it , it is a huge resort and is beautiful , we stayed at the villages last year and used uber a couple of times and they picked us up at our building with no problem so I assume the resort will be the same , also I think you can call reception and ask them to send someone to pick you up in one of the carts to take you to the reception if you give them plenty of notice , enjoy your holiday xxx

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It's been a while since I've been to the Lagunamar resort but aren't all the rooms there ocean view?
Yes, they are. Though some of the lower floors may have trees blocking or partially blocking your view.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will not receive any VSE owner benefits. With a II exchange, they don't accept special requests until check-in.
I think it depends on the resort. When we did an II exchange to WKV (we own at SVR/SVV), using a Shell Point exchange, we were treated as Vistana owners even on the exchange. I think they cross reference Vistana owner names and addresses with check-ins. Because, as I say we were acknowleged as owners even though we were not using staroptions and weren't even using our ownership to trade in.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I think it depends on the resort. When we did an II exchange to WKV (we own at SVR/SVV), using a Shell Point exchange, we were treated as Vistana owners even on the exchange. I think they cross reference Vistana owner names and addresses with check-ins. Because, as I say we were acknowleged as owners even though we were not using staroptions and weren't even using our ownership to trade in.

Yes that happened to us a few years ago at WKV too. We used an II accommodation certificate, and they noted at check in that we were Vistana VSN owners at SVR. We got a pretty good bldg assignment #5 for a small side 1 BR. No hard sell to do an update either. Several asks right after check-in at the concierge, but nothing else the remainder of the week.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
We've always been recognised as owners at SVR whether using our deeded owners week or exchanging back in through RCI to get a different time of year.

Diamond Lane can be used by absolutely every one at SVR regardless of how you are booked in. I have never noticed or heard of SVR playing favorites for placement with various classes of bookings (except deeded owners who always get their owned unit week) - very democratic and they tend to bend over backward to make everyone happy.

I would not expect daily housekeeping on any exchange or booking through an exchange company; that is only available through direct hotel style bookings with Sheraton or a TA. You can pay extra for housekeeping if you want it. If you have it, you can usually exchange the housekeeping for daily breakfast.

You will be located in either Cascades or Lakes as they are the only two sections with 1BR villas. The resort map can be seen here: https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/map click the Resort Map tab on the page to switch from the area map. Red is Friday, Blue is Saturday, Green is Sunday.

Vistana Resort Diamond Lane form is here: https://owner.vistana.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01