• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual Kauai Trip 2017

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Yes the avatar was almost 8 years ago on Oahu for our 25th anniversary. We always knew we wanted to do it again on Kauai and Pastor Harold was great.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
With the plane ride cancel until Friday, we're going to head to Kauai Beer Company and get out growlers filled, then head to IronBridge Tattoo to reserve my spot. Then off to the dinner cruise.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
View attachment 3293 View attachment 3294 View attachment 3295

We renewed our vows yesterday by the Sheraton with Shipwreck beach in the background. We had Reverand Harold from Koloa do the vows. He was excellent and even blew the conch shell. Then we went to Lava Lava for dinner.

We have the dinner cruise this evening but this morning my wife and my friend are doing the biplane ride.

Congratulations! So cool to see people who know all about each other care enough to do it over again. :thumbup:

Now, as for the Capt. Andy's cruise... If it's too rough it may be a gnarly trip. They say if things are too bad they go down the coast instead of up. Not the same experience, I'm sure. The Napali coast is not to be missed. Good luck, but keep us posted!

Dave

taffy19

Reaction score
Good to hear that your dinner cruise is still on. It is so interesting to read the Hawaii threads from you and Tatershed's recently too with all the pictures.

You both love Kauai but we love Maui too. :) Each Island has it's own beauty and is different. I like them all! I can hardly wait to be back there again in a few weeks. We always like to stop a few days in Oahu so have planned that on our way back this year which is a change from other years when we do it first.

Reading the Hawaii Board from Mexico, is getting me even more excited and looking forward to our trip. Our weather here is cooler than usual and we haven't had rain for about a month. I hope that it will not rain too much when we are in HI but that's what keeps it all so lush and green so they need it often.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IMG_20170215_222529.jpg

Sunset from our Captain Andy's trip. Napali was cancelled but we had been on it before and my friend wasn't feeling the best so this trip worked out great. We saw a lot of whales. Don't 't know how many I got pictures of because it will take me a while to go through them all but it was a great time with a super crew and great food.

We have never seen this many whales on Kauai before. We're seeing breaches all day long from the lanai. We're just enjoying it while it lasts.

I did like this one better than the Napali one but only because the seas were so bad when went. That one was so bad I had my doubts about this one but I figured when I heard all the high surf warnings there was no way we were going to Napali.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
View attachment 3298
Sunset from our Captain Andy's trip. Napali was cancelled but we had been on it before and my friend wasn't feeling the best so this trip worked out great. We saw a lot of whales. Don't 't know how many I got pictures of because it will take me a while to go through them all but it was a great time with a super crew and great food.

We have never seen this many whales on Kauai before. We're seeing breaches all day long from the lanai. We're just enjoying it while it lasts.

I did like this one better than the Napali one but only because the seas were so bad when went. That one was so bad I had my doubts about this one but I figured when I heard all the high surf warnings there was no way we were going to Napali.

We went out this morning and did get up to the Napali. It was interesting to see three boats leave the harbor, we turn right to go up the coast, and they turn left to head to the SE side. Experience and expert seamanship was the difference. But definitely not for the faint of heart. I would estimate that a third of group helped feed the fishes.

Tons of breaches. Water calmed down on the way back, and the sun showed up.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went out this morning and did get up to the Napali. It was interesting to see three boats leave the harbor, we turn right to go up the coast, and they turn left to head to the SE side. Experience and expert seamanship was the difference. But definitely not for the faint of heart. I would estimate that a third of group helped feed the fishes.

Tons of breaches. Water calmed down on the way back, and the sun showed up.

That's how it was for us last year when we went up to see Napali but maybe half fed the fishes. I didn't but was close. Yesterday's was a nice ride with plenty of whales, dolphins and turtles. They turned on the microphone for the whales and they were singing loud and long.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Biplane trip totally cancelled. They had an accident and the fuel truck damaged the wing. Something for next year.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Finally got my growlers filled at Kauai Beer company. Lunch at Dukes and then snorkel at Poipu Beach. Lots of fish, my friends first time and he loved it.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Finally got my growlers filled at Kauai Beer company. Lunch at Dukes and then snorkel at Poipu Beach. Lots of fish, my friends first time and he loved it.

Sounds like a fine day! :thumbup:

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FB_IMG_1487306973334.jpg
FB_IMG_1487307007186.jpg

We made it to Duke's and Poipu beach for snorkeling. Beautiful day, drizzled a little in Kapaa but sunny in Poipu.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Awesome pics! Glad you're having a good trip. don't miss the bi-plane next year... It's a blast.
Missing HI already.....we saw more whales this year than last also. Very good whale year for us.

cheers.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like they are doing one unit at a time for the renovations. The A building is closed until April but I would think it will take longer doing it like that. The whole owned units are the only ones occupied. I think this is the last week and they start to work on the B building too.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, I have to take that back, looks like they are working on five units in the A building now. That's better and I'm sure that will move along faster. I just took a walk on the path to check it out in the day light.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We ended out at Allerton Gardens today. This was our first time. We did the guided tour and really enjoyed it. We may do the dinner tour next year.

IMG_20170217_174401.jpg
IMG_20170217_172937.jpg
IMG_20170217_171016.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last day for our friends to be here. They leave later tonight. Not too much olanyfor the second week so we'll see what happens. I won a gift certificate on the internet for the Bull Shed so I know one place we'll be going.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IMG_20170218_125150.jpg

It's pretty nice having the work get done while I sit on the lanai watching the people go by. They do a great job keeping the grounds up here.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hit Paco's Tacos for lunch. One of our regular stops. I like the shrimp quesadillas. There was a small fair at the church across from Paniolo Grill, so we stopped there my friends wife bought a small purse type bag. I had to support the local swim team and had some of their malasadas, they were excellent.

We still have to get a shave ice before we take our friends to the airport. DW already has some things planned.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You're so busy having fun, I'm almost not jealous. Almost. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Friends dropped off at the airport and are on their way back to the mainland. Just got done with a late dinner in the condo. Have to do our last grocery shopping for our stay tomorrow and up to the north shore. We only went as high as Anini while they were here.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I little cooler and cloudy this morning with the sun peeking through once in a while. Still a nice 70 degrees at 8am but with a breeze.

Time for some breakfast, Kountry Kitchen this time.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got a text from our friends they are in Denver and they are on the same flight back as my son who took a weekend trip to Vegas and they are only one row apart. Small world.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I little cooler and cloudy this morning with the sun peeking through once in a while. Still a nice 70 degrees at 8am but with a breeze.

Time for some breakfast, Kountry Kitchen this time.

What do you think of the remodel they did? Moving the door and expanding the dining area. We thought it was a good change. Reduced the wait for a table, for sure.

Dave