• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will i be able to stay at The District Club by Hilton Club in DC

Sergio

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Im in the process of buying a resale timeshare at the Las Vegas in the Boulevard, and i wonder if I'll be able to make reservations at this Hotel which is set to open sometime this year. Any of you buy a resale and then try to make reservations at a new resort after you purchased.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im in the process of buying a resale timeshare at the Las Vegas in the Boulevard, and i wonder if I'll be able to make reservations at this Hotel which is set to open sometime this year. Any of you buy a resale and then try to make reservations at a new resort after you purchased.

I don't recall the rules for the new clubs. But, as with other locations, resale has nothing to do with the access rules.

Cheers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We lowly HGVC owners can only book 44 days prior to checkout date. No open season for us, but it can also be booked on the hilton dot com hotel web site.

f0550711e8a6354ceb5bd6e59775352f.jpg

and you have to call in, no online booking.
70286dbd138c8254e5224eae9cec9b23.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
This may be a stupid question but I have been confused about this. I am looking at booking here this summer as well. I am a "Hilton Club" member at NYC. So looking at the information you provided (thank you) it looks like I have a slightly extended window to 59 days, is that correct???

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This may be a stupid question but I have been confused about this. I am looking at booking here this summer as well. I am a "Hilton Club" member at NYC. So looking at the information you provided (thank you) it looks like I have a slightly extended window to 59 days, is that correct?

Don't H-C members get a special phone # to call.
You'd prolly get a more informed answer from them than us, the lowly HGVC members.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
LOL, I called the "special" number today to book a future reservation and got the same people the "lowly HGVC" members get. In fact they were mildly confused about what to do with me..... My brother is HGVC, I will have to get on him about his "lowly" status...LOL

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that's too bad about the 44 day window. oh well, I'll just use VRBO instead. I have a feeling this may be Hilton's new modus operandi. Convert some floors of hotels, make 'em only really accessible for owners. Good strategy though.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
if HGVC is separate from Hilton now, how can this approach continue?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
if HGVC is separate from Hilton now, how can this approach continue?

At first glance this seems problematic, but after thinking about it some more i dont think the split into three companies will negativly impact the expansion of new urban locations. Most of the new HGVC locations are being developed by 3rd parties, with HGVC handling the resort managment and sales of the units. That reduces the capital HGVC has to front for the development.

They can easily use the same approch for the various uban "Hilton Club" locations. Chances are the hotels under consideration are owned by the new REIT that Hilton spun off, so they work with them to develope a few floors as Timshares in popular cities.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
At first glance this seems problematic, but after thinking about it some more i dont think the split into three companies will negativly impact the expansion of new urban locations. Most of the new HGVC locations are being developed by 3rd parties, with HGVC handling the resort managment and sales of the units. That reduces the capital HGVC has to front for the development.

They can easily use the same approch for the various uban "Hilton Club" locations. Chances are the hotels under consideration are owned by the new REIT that Hilton spun off, so they work with them to develope a few floors as Timshares in popular cities.
OK, didn't know the spin off included hotels. That makes sense. This is similar to what Starwood is doing now.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
OK, didn't know the spin off included hotels. That makes sense. This is similar to what Starwood is doing now.

Yes, it was a 3-way split, Most of the hotels / real-estate went to a new publicaly traded REIT, HGVC split off to its own, and original comapny is pretty much just hotel managment and marketing.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was a 3-way split, Most of the hotels / real-estate went to a new publicaly traded REIT, HGVC split off to its own, and original comapny is pretty much just hotel managment and marketing.
Interesting, thanks for sharing

jwayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
We lowly HGVC owners can only book 44 days prior to checkout date. No open season for us, but it can also be booked on the hilton dot com hotel web site.

I understand about the "lowly" HGVC members The newer & nicer locations are not very accessible to us. I wish I saved my money for something better and wouldn't recommend anyone buy under HGVC.

f0550711e8a6354ceb5bd6e59775352f.jpg

and you have to call in, no online booking.
70286dbd138c8254e5224eae9cec9b23.jpg

Last edited:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I am still somewhat confused about HGVC and it affiliation with "Hilton Club". I purchase last November and was lead to believe I was a HGVC member but when I went to make my first reservation under HGVC I was redirected (for better or for worse) to Hilton Club. I was actually corrected when I stated initially that I was an HGVC member and told that I actually was not which needless to say was a bit of surprise. I think the confusion revolved around my initially negotiating a purchase at 57th Street and then actually buying at the "Hilton Club" location on 6th Ave. Are not the "newer & nicer" locations all under the HGVC flag now??

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I am still somewhat confused about HGVC and it affiliation with "Hilton Club". I purchase last November and was lead to believe I was a HGVC member but when I went to make my first reservation under HGVC I was redirected (for better or for worse) to Hilton Club. I was actually corrected when I stated initially that I was an HGVC member and told that I actually was not which needless to say was a bit of surprise. I think the confusion revolved around my initially negotiating a purchase at 57th Street and then actually buying at the "Hilton Club" location on 6th Ave. Are not the "newer & nicer" locations all under the HGVC flag now??

If you purchased at Hilton Club on 6th Ave you are a member of Hilton Club, not Hilton Grand Vacations Club. You pay higher annual membership fee and a separate number to call for reservations.

Hilton Club Reservation Services:888-852-2582 U.S. and Canada 407-722-3700 Worldwide

You can use the points assigned to stay at HGVC locations as well as the Club locations.

Hilton Club is based in hotel locations in large metropolitan cities. Right now NYC and WDC but they are adding more locations like London. Both clubs are adding new locations.

I think of Hilton Club as owning a hotel suite rather than a HGVC resort suite.