• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scam alert: Do not attend any presentations at the grand mayan, mayan palace or any

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What resale company? One you called regarding getting you out of the purchase, or Vidanta's on getting rid of your trade-in? I screen calls and don't answer those I don't know. Just because a phone rings doesn't mean you have to answer.

Jim

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
What resale company? One you called regarding getting you out of the purchase, or Vidanta's on getting rid of your trade-in? I screen calls and don't answer those I don't know. Just because a phone rings doesn't mean you have to answer.

Jim
Hello Jim
The company is Timeshare Resale Market, regarding Vidanta getting rid of my trade-in. They want 1897.00USD to complete the paperwork regarding what I signed with Vidanta to do the so-called transfer of my timeshare. They told me 150days from the day I pay to it being totally transferred out of my name and never having to pay maintenance fees again. From the horror stories that I am reading on the internet, this would be a foolish move on my part to give more money. So my question is: what recourse do I have to avoid getting scammed again regarding this timeshare transfer of the trade in from Vidanta?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Jim
The company is Timeshare Resale Market, regarding Vidanta getting rid of my trade-in. They want 1897.00USD to complete the paperwork regarding what I signed with Vidanta to do the so-called transfer of my timeshare. They told me 150days from the day I pay to it being totally transferred out of my name and never having to pay maintenance fees again. From the horror stories that I am reading on the internet, this would be a foolish move on my part to give more money. So my question is: what recourse do I have to avoid getting scammed again regarding this timeshare transfer of the trade in from Vidanta?

If the contracts are still in your name, there is no reason you can't sell or give them away yourself, presumably at a much lower cost and without paying a questionable outfit up front.

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
If the contracts are still in your name, there is no reason you can't sell or give them away yourself, presumably at a much lower cost and without paying a questionable outfit up front.
Hello Ty1on
The contracts(deed?) is still in my name from my original timeshare purchase in 2009. So what is the ramification if I do not comply with the paperwork that i signed with Vidanta for the trade in of my original timeshare? I tell them that I do not want to transfer and they just go away?
They demand more money from me in order for me to buy back my timeshare from them even though I have given them nothing?
The only thing that they have is the paperwork from Vidanta. It has been suggested to offer them a low ball # for them to go away? Can anyone tell me what they have successfully done to keep their original timeshare in their name and what is the cost associated with this? According to the paperwork I signed with Vidanta, I can buy back my timeshare from Timeshare Resale Co. within 10days of signing the paperwork (from Vidanta) at a cost of no more than one half of the Equity Credit given. SO I can BUY back my timeshare for 8,450.00USD ....WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER MAYBE...PROBABLY NOT EVEN THEN!!
Wondering the best course of action to deal with this?
Thanks!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
vidanta never wanted your timeshare. You never got any money for your timeshare. They inflated the asking price of what they sold you so they could make it look like a timeshare trade-in. It was in fact an "allowance" that brought the purchase price down to what it would have been if you had walked in without any timeshare and said "No" until they got to that point.

This secondary company is simply trying to make a secondary victim of you. Ignore them. Use your existing timeshare as you always have used it, or sell it or give it away. Don't give them a dime.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I myself have gone through this in 2009. Offer them$100 and then negotiate from there. $200 and you break even due to that's what you received from Vida for attending the presentation. That's what I did. Sent them a check and never heard from them again. And still had my ts.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
vidanta never wanted your timeshare. You never got any money for your timeshare. They inflated the asking price of what they sold you so they could make it look like a timeshare trade-in. It was in fact an "allowance" that brought the purchase price down to what it would have been if you had walked in without any timeshare and said "No" until they got to that point.

This secondary company is simply trying to make a secondary victim of you. Ignore them. Use your existing timeshare as you always have used it, or sell it or give it away. Don't give them a dime.
VICTORY instead of victim!! I really like the sounds of that :)

Michele88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
I myself have gone through this in 2009. Offer them$100 and then negotiate from there. $200 and you break even due to that's what you received from Vida for attending the presentation. That's what I did. Sent them a check and never heard from them again. And still had my ts.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk
Wish I had received 200.00! was that peso or dollar bills? On second thought, I dont think I wanna know! lol

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would go to the Vidanta Facebook page and post your story there. They monitor that page very carefully and respond almost immediately.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Sigh.
When I read a sentence that begins with, "They told me..." I just cringe.

Cat Thy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace - Upgrade To grand Luxxe
The 5-day rescind is in clause #11. GENERAL PROVISIONS as follows:

Member has the right to cancel this Contract within five business days from the date Member signed this Contract (for purposes of this clause Sunday is the only non business day) by doing one of the following: (i) returning all documentation to the Member Services representative at the Resort where the Contract was signed and obtaining a signed receipt therefor within five business days from the date Member signed this Contract; or (ii) sending written notification by certified mail, return receipt requested, within five business days from the date Member Signed this Contract, to the Contact Center, with address at Paseo de la Marina Sur #220, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48335 Mexico. Company has the right to cancel this Contract within two business days from the date Member signed this Contract. In the event of cancellation either by Member or by Company, Company will reimburse monies paid by Member within 15 days after the date of cancellation. In the event of termination by Member more than five business days from the date Member signed, no monies will be refunded. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Contract, the Company shall bear no risk of labor disturbances, acts of God or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of the Company, or for indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages to Member. In the event that anyone or more of the provisions of this Contract shall for any reason be held to be invalid or illegal in any respect, such invalidity shall not affect or impair the enforceability of any other provision herein. Member should not sign this Contract before reading and fully understanding it or if it contains any blank spaces other than the signature of Company.

Note I have some issues copy-paste above paragraph from adobe acrobat.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I could not find the info on how to cancel my contract and I've been worried sick. I am
Still within the 5 day period and still on property. Thank you for helping me save $$$ money and a lot of regret.

Micheled88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silver Lake
Hello Cat Thy
I hope you got the contract cancelled and you can move on to enjoying your vacation!