• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Villas at Doral

billwright1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be visiting Marriott's Villas at Doral and they are asking us to pick where we want to stay -
1st Preference
Building:
Sunset Island Star Island Hibiscus Island Palm Island
Floor: Ground Low High
2nd Preference
Building:

Anyone have any suggestions?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed at Doral before it changed owners, it is a very nice place. Very big and there is a pool for adults only we enjoyed our stay. If I remember the rooms were all very spacious enjoy your stay. The best part of Doral was you go onto the property and the rest of the world seems to disappear.
Silentg

billwright1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be visiting Marriott's Villas at Doral and they are asking us to pick where we want to stay -
1st Preference
Building:
2nd Preference
Building:

We stayed at Doral before it changed owners, it is a very nice place. Very big and there is a pool for adults only we enjoyed our stay. If I remember the rooms were all very spacious enjoy your stay. The best part of Doral was you go onto the property and the rest of the world seems to disappear.
Silentg
Thanks. Glad to hear it is nice. I am sure we will enjoy it there.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How far are they from the Miami cruise port?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What about a vacation after a cruise for some R&R ?
If you like golf, it would be great. There isn't much else to do there. It isn't on the beach.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
1st Preference
Building:
2nd Preference
Building:

I use my week at Villas at Doral simply because it is a guaranteed winter week in So. FL. There was a large display in the lobby last Feb. stating all units will be refurbished by 2017 (IIRC). They usually put me in the Star Bldg. because the past few years they had said it had the newest appliances. It is the first bldg. away from the pool with Palm being the furthest. Sunset surrounds the pool and is where you check in. As mentioned, not much in Doral but i find it to be a good location if you like the real swamp airboat rides, visiting downtown Miami (without staying there), American Arena, Bayside, So. Beach (not my favorite) and close proximity to Miami Int. with Ft. Lauderdale Int. being a little further but doable. The traffic can be bothersome going to/from the resort but that's what you get if you go to Miami. Another word of caution, the planes going to Miami Int. fly right in front/over the balconies and it can be constant at times. I doesn't bother me as I eat my breakfast every morning on the balcony and watch the show (this may not be acceptable to some). The lake fronts the balconies and is pleasant. I keep a bicycle in So. FL. therefore I ride a lot and the traffic can be a problem however it nice to ride into the new downtown Doral (no traffic), thru the park and watch the area grow. There are many restaurants in the area so the choice of food should not be an issue.

Jim

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use my week at Villas at Doral simply because it is a guaranteed winter week in So. FL. There was a large display in the lobby last Feb. stating all units will be refurbished by 2017 (IIRC). They usually put me in the Star Bldg. because the past few years they had said it had the newest appliances. It is the first bldg. away from the pool with Palm being the furthest. Sunset surrounds the pool and is where you check in. As mentioned, not much in Doral but i find it to be a good location if you like the real swamp airboat rides, visiting downtown Miami (without staying there), American Arena, Bayside, So. Beach (not my favorite) and close proximity to Miami Int. with Ft. Lauderdale Int. being a little further but doable. The traffic can be bothersome going to/from the resort but that's what you get if you go to Miami. Another word of caution, the planes going to Miami Int. fly right in front/over the balconies and it can be constant at times. I doesn't bother me as I eat my breakfast every morning on the balcony and watch the show (this may not be acceptable to some). The lake fronts the balconies and is pleasant. I keep a bicycle in So. FL. therefore I ride a lot and the traffic can be a problem however it nice to ride into the new downtown Doral (no traffic), thru the park and watch the area grow. There are many restaurants in the area so the choice of food should not be an issue.

Jim
Are the villa soundproof. I am used to the sounds of freedom by the Navy jets from the Oceana Naval Jet Station.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Are the villa soundproof. I am used to the sounds of freedom by the Navy jets from the Oceana Naval Jet Station.

I would say no! I don't have the best hearing and can hear some inside.

Jim

billwright1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived today. Got a 5th floor in Sunset Building overlooking the lake and it a great room. Haven't heard the planes even outside, just seen them. Had a light dinner at Trump National Hotel across the street because it seemed appropriate!

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Arrived today. Got a 5th floor in Sunset Building overlooking the lake and it a great room. Haven't heard the planes even outside, just seen them. Had a light dinner at Trump National Hotel across the street because it seemed appropriate!

Hope you enjoy the resort. My winter week there is Feb. 17 this year.

Jim

billwright1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did enjoy our visit there. Nice room and facilities and the staff were all nice and accommodating. We enjoyed walking around Trump National Resort, into Doral town center and found some good restaurants nearby.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did enjoy our visit there. Nice room and facilities and the staff were all nice and accommodating. We enjoyed walking around Trump National Resort, into Doral town center and found some good restaurants nearby.
Thanks for your observations. I am looking for a resort to chill after a 14 days Southern Cruise.
Short list are resorts in Orlando and West Palm, Beach.