• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes just did it on Sunday. I called OC to add a guest name for a reservation that started the previous day. She said it was too late. I mentioned that I had been able to do this previously. She put me on hold and said she would try. After a bit of a hold, she came back and said that she had called the resort and confirmed they still had the reservation intact. She then added the guest name, sent the email to the resort, put me on hold again, and called the resort again to make sure they received the update. Took her about 40 minutes, but she did get it accomplished.

Thanks. I was told once again that it is not possible anymore. Even if it was Wyndham who did not call me back in a timely manner to get it done as promised on the recording.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was told once again that it is not possible anymore. Even if it was Wyndham who did not call me back in a timely manner to get it done as promised on the recording.

I believe it is one of those things that "officially" cannot be done, or at least is not listed as an allowed feature. So, if the VC is newer, or does not wish to be helpful, the default answer is "it can't be done." If the VC is helpful, and the account is not flagged or blacklisted, then help might well be offered.

Reactions: am1

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe it is one of those things that "officially" cannot be done, or at least is not listed as an allowed feature. So, if the VC is newer, or does not wish to be helpful, the default answer is "it can't be done." If the VC is helpful, and the account is not flagged or blacklisted, then help might well be offered.

Maybe true but no one can tell me where it says a guest name cannot be added to a reservation that has already started. Started in accordance to the local time at the resort or club wyndham est? That makes a big difference in why they do not allow it.

Even so this is all caused by Wyndham not answering my calls, returning my voicemails or allowing me access to my online account so I can do it myself. Does not seem like a hill Wyndham wants to die on unless they are just out to harass us do not care.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And, sadly the only reason they wouldn't be able to do it would be because their systems don't support the ability to do so.

Systems, systems, systems. Seems beyond reasonable to me to let a room sit because they can't figure out how to add a guest.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And, sadly the only reason they wouldn't be able to do it would be because their systems don't support the ability to do so.

Systems, systems, systems. Seems beyond reasonable to me to let a room sit because they can't figure out how to add a guest.

And that is the crux of the problem with Wyndham from my vantage point; they are geared to take advantage of buyers, and then owners. And they devote precious little resources to ensuring that said owners (cash sources) have a viable computer-based product. When in doubt, corporate decision makers look to limit and impede owners using their product. I cannot think of one change made in the past 10 years that has benefited existing owners, all have diminished the rights of ownership. I thought the cancelled points coming back as regular use points would be the notable exception, but that has been so mangled by the IT department, no sane thinker can claim that this has benefited owners.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I am wondering is who is footing the bill? Is it wyndham corporate, or since this is a CWA trust issue, are we paying for this mess?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, I am quite certain we are paying for this.

Paying for what? The lawyers and other staff working on this are on Wyndhams payroll. are there other expenses??

Im sure if you sued them they would hire an outside attorney with the trusts money (our money) but until then I think dealing with this mess is part of managing the trust

Of course if the program fee goes up next year you will know why.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I am wondering is who is footing the bill? Is it wyndham corporate, or since this is a CWA trust issue, are we paying for this mess?

none of this has anything to do with the CWA trust :ponder:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes your right. Wyndham plus that's all the points right? of which CWA is part.so I wonder if everyone is paying, or Wyndham?

From what I've been able to understand, it has nothing to do with CWP, either. This isn't a matter of the club-wide inventory being out of balance, it has to do with points being allocated that don't exist in inventory, and I'm sure Wyndham is paying full board on the costs associated with these audits.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
remember the wording of the email that started this mess

"Acting in our capacity as manager for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, we have identified unusual activity on your account..."

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
remember the wording of the email that started this mess

"Acting in our capacity as manager for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, we have identified unusual activity on your account..."

Yep, but it isn't a club problem AFAIK, the club just happens to be the victims of the problem.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding adding a guest certificate after the reservation has started... I called again last this afternoon to change the guest name for a reservation that started yesterday. VC made the change today in less than 5 min. Said they would send an email and left it up to me to call the resort.

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
It has been a month. Any update?
I have heard nothing after I received an email that they received my information. Compared to other owners, my problems were small. I will call them this week and see wht they say. Seems like the owners with problems should each file a complaint.

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Yep, but it isn't a club problem AFAIK, the club just happens to be the victims of the problem.

Yeah, the club could be the victim, but from what I read in the management agreement, the Trust pays the plan manager for all costs and expenses arising from operation and maintenance of Manager's reservation system... The manager owns the reservation system, but the trust pays all the costs associated with running the system plus a reasonable profit.

upload_2017-1-15_9-11-45.png

I'm sure we're paying for the points debacle in our program fee (not only the costs but also some profit).

I'm wondering how WYN keeps all of this straight... Not only is WYN the developer, largest points owner, resort manager (in most instances), plan manager, and I'm wondering if WYN is the trustee too. I'm not surprised that these extra points were generated and nobody noticed for quite some time. It's like the fox guarding the hen house...

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we're paying for the points debacle in our program fee (not only the costs but also some profit).

I'm wondering how WYN keeps all of this straight... Not only is WYN the developer, largest points owner, resort manager (in most instances), plan manager, and I'm wondering if WYN is the trustee too. I'm not surprised that these extra points were generated and nobody noticed for quite some time. It's like the fox guarding the hen house...

When I had my "interview" back in August I was told the cost would be borne as part of the management fees, which are part of the maintenance fees we all pay.

Good news, though, based upon my sample, there is absolutely NO COST whatsoever involved in responding to the emails sent to the special email address for the impacted owners. Tongue firmly in cheek.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I had my "interview" back in August I was told the cost would be borne as part of the management fees, which are part of the maintenance fees we all pay.

Good news, though, based upon my sample, there is absolutely NO COST whatsoever involved in responding to the emails sent to the special email address for the impacted owners. Tongue firmly in cheek.

I have sent hundreds with only a few responses. At a certain point it may be cheaper to respond to an e-mail then have to delete the 10 follow up e-mails.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

paid out of the management fees we are already paying? or are you suggesting that wyndham will ask for an additional payment from the trust

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sometimes I miss that thread; it's standing at 2,814 Replies/222,445 Views. And I've moved on from the pens to trying to put together a set of Fiestaware dishes. ;)

Wow - 2814 replies and 222,445 views

I do not think I had read or joined TUG as I have no memory of it - when did it " start "

I thought 88,000 and growing might be much closer to a "record "

Started Oct '08 and active through Jul '11, in the Marriott forum. It leads that forum in number of Views but comes in second for Replies.

You can find out all the Replies/Views stats by forum, by going to each forum's home page and clicking on either "Replies" or "Views" in the yellow task bar. There are a few other sort commands as well. If you test it, you can easily get back to the forum's default setting by clicking on "Last Message" all the way on the right.

It is a record, for the Wyndham forum. Just not for the entire TUG site.

It would seem that with the new Xenforo software, it will still be possible to eclipse those old threads in posts, but a post will never again get that many views. The new software only counts unique views where vBulletin counted all views. So the number of views in this thread are rather high because it started before migration to Xenforo, but once migrated the view counts slowed considerably.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
paid out of the management fees we are already paying? or are you suggesting that wyndham will ask for an additional payment from the trust

As it is part of what they consider "managing" the accounts, this is an open tab. Much like an attorney on retainer, there are prepayments made, but there is a reconciliation that impacts the next year's budget. Bottom line, Wyndham's IT problems, are our costs. And our headaches.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As it is part of what they consider "managing" the accounts, this is an open tab. Much like an attorney on retainer, there are prepayments made, but there is a reconciliation that impacts the next year's budget. Bottom line, Wyndham's IT problems, are our costs. And our headaches.

Certainly every penny Wyndham has comes from their customers. In this case you and me

But I think once we pay the program fee end once Wyndham takes their management fee that money is wyndhams

Of course we pay to use the reservations system but the system itself is wyndhams

It's like the car I rented recently. You could argue that I paid the guy behind the counter and the guy that washed the car. But I would say I didn't. I paid a fee to use the car Hertz paid those salaries

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could argue that I paid the guy behind the counter and the guy that washed the car. But I would say I didn't. I paid a fee to use the car Hertz paid those salaries

True, but the car rental place works in a true market-driven economy. If the car rental company has lazy IT guidelines and they end up giving away reservations, this will either drive them out of business, or require that they fix their IT problem to stay competitive. Now, if they are instead a whole owned company, say a military owned car rental company, and they have the same lazy guidelines, the military picks up the tab, and the net effect is that the military and its "owners" (us) pay for the poor management. Once we became owners, Wyndham timeshare division is no longer in a true market-driven economy. And that is part of the problem, they have little incentive to quickly and efficiently fix the problem when the unknowing owners simply have to pick up the tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.