• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Arrival

shade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been here three nights and thought I would reflect a bit. Rented thru AutoSlash for a Dollar rental of Jeep Compass. Got it for $492 for 19 days. Even the rental agent lady said that was a real good price. The drive from the airport to WKORV took an hour on Saturday late afternoon.Check-in at 3:45 was quick and efficient. Got studio OV in South, Room 2521. The room looked great. Very clean and new looking. The view was a little obscured by a palm but the ocean is visible. Tried Auntie's Kitchen. The beef dip was very good. The resort looks great. It seems crowded. Perhaps the pro golf at Kapalua, Maui Marathon, and pro tennis tournament are drawing a lot of tourists.
Went whale watching yesterday with Captain Steve. It was a beautiful morning: calm, warm and clear. Took the early bird time of 730 am and saved $10 pp. Parking was a little difficult in the early morning at Mala Wharf as people sleep in their cars there. The tour was fantastic. Saw plenty of whales breeching quite close to the boat. Crew was very informative. I always choose them for my whale adventure.
Had a really good breakfast at Java Jazz just up the road a bit. Farzad, the owner, was not there. This is a good place for evening entertainment as well.
Duke's was a little disappointing during Happy Hour in terms of the food. The entertainment was good though.
Thursday going to the Lavender Farm in Kula. All my times here and it will be my first there. Plan to stop at the Kula Lodge for breakfast and then to the summit of Haleakala. I am beyond getting up so early to see the sunrise. Been there done that a couple of times.
Weather has been great. The beach in the immediate front is very steep. Much more level in front of the park and down in front of the open area between the North and the Nanea.
Actually doing an Owners Update tomorrow. Since I transferred many of my StarPoints to Virgin Elevate with the bonus I am down to not much. By the way, I was able to transfer the Elevate points to Alaska Air this morning with the 30 percent bonus. Bottom line is I would like to get the 6000 points for the update.
Enjoying time here with my wife and youngest daughter.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is there a current Alaska Air offer? I must have missed it.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Sounds like a nice trip...hope you enjoy! If you get a chance at the owner's update, maybe ask them about the ability to convert to Starpoints after the Marriott merger.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Get the scones at the lavender farm. We also like to visit the surfing goat dairy (get the flight of cheeses), the Maui Ocean Vodka distillery, and the Maui Brewery - go during lunch when the food trucks are there.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Get the scones at the lavender farm. We also like to visit the surfing goat dairy (get the flight of cheeses), the Maui Ocean Vodka distillery, and the Maui Brewery - go during lunch when the food trucks are there.
In all of our visits to Maui we've never been to the lavender farm or the surfing goats farm (our dd went last year and thought it was wonderful). May have to finally go this time.

blondietink

Reaction score
Our first visit to Maui we went to the lavender farm. My son was walking down the very steep hill, lost his footing, could not stop his feet and ran into the side of our car. Put out his arms to stop himself and broke his left arm. I will say the Maui Medical Clinic in Lahaina was awesome and fit us in right away. The clinic the the resort suggested near the Sheraton wanted $800 up front so we went elsewhere.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
If you make the trip all the way up to the lavender farm, the dairy and the distillery on on the way home. See the back roads, too.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The parking lot at the lavender farm is dangerous! The steep grade and the loose gravel make walking difficult. The property at the Ocean distillery is absolutely flat and beautiful.

shade

TUG Member
Reaction score
The parking lot at the lavender farm is dangerous! The steep grade and the loose gravel make walking difficult. The property at the Ocean distillery is absolutely flat and beautiful.
I absolutely enjoyed the Lavender Farm even though there wasn't much of the lavender in bloom. Chris gave a superb tour. Informative and very personal. Many other plants and trees to enjoy. Well worth the $25 pp for the one hour golf cart tour. The scones were ok. Bought some lotions and scents from the gift shop.The entrance requires a somewhat steep walk. Manageable for a senior like me. Stopped at Surfing Goat Dairy on way back. Got a mixed flight and found it to be delicious. Tonight we are heading to Mulligans for dinner and a show: Soul Kitchen.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We'll be back on Maui at KBC the 27th of this month. We've done the lavender farm and I remember the steepness, not sure why we've never done the goats so will have to make it a point this time. Didn't know there was a distillery so we'll do that too.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The entrance requires a somewhat steep walk. Manageable for a senior like me.

Good luck walking on that parking lot, and be careful where you park your car. The lot is so steep you risk bashing your door into the car next to you if you park too close. Just be careful! You can end up with a dental car.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Our first visit to Maui we went to the lavender farm. My son was walking down the very steep hill, lost his footing, could not stop his feet and ran into the side of our car. Put out his arms to stop himself and broke his left arm. I will say the Maui Medical Clinic in Lahaina was awesome and fit us in right away. The clinic the the resort suggested near the Sheraton wanted $800 up front so we went elsewhere.

Ugghh. What a downer! But good to know where a good urgent care clinic is! I'm tucking that away ...

And FYI ... if you need emergency dental care on Maui, Dr. Trace Baxter is in Kahului - about a 30 minute drive from WKORV - and he is awesome. How do I know? LOL ... on our visit there in 2015, I lost a crown while eating sushi. (Sansei Sushi in Kapalua is FABulous!) I Googled for a dentist while at the sushi bar. Called and left a message for Dr. Baxter, who returned my call in about 10 minutes. He worked me in early the next morning, and we were back to vacationing in no time. He even forwarded his notes to my regular dentist back home.

blondietink

Reaction score
Ugghh. What a downer! But good to know where a good urgent care clinic is! I'm tucking that away ...

And FYI ... if you need emergency dental care on Maui, Dr. Trace Baxter is in Kahului - about a 30 minute drive from WKORV - and he is awesome. How do I know? LOL ... on our visit there in 2015, I lost a crown while eating sushi. (Sansei Sushi in Kapalua is FABulous!) I Googled for a dentist while at the sushi bar. Called and left a message for Dr. Baxter, who returned my call in about 10 minutes. He worked me in early the next morning, and we were back to vacationing in no time. He even forwarded his notes to my regular dentist back home.

FYI -actually hospital on Maui is in Kahului, but we had to go back to the resort before seeking medical treatment as I had left all of our insurance cards in the safe in the room. That's when I asked the front desk where I could go for urgent care. I was impressed with the Maui medical Clinic as the x-rays they took were digitally sent over to the hospital and reviewed by the radiologist there. The next day the clinic called us with an update and asked us to come back to the clinic for splinting. My son has Down syndrome and they were very patient with him.

I'll keep in mind your dentist just in case as we are going back to Maui in September.