• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Revolution Last Room Bug Fixed

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Someone might have already posted I didn't see it when I searched. Today I modified a reservation to add an extra day. For the dates that I already had reserved there were no more rooms available. Revolution let me change it without a problem. No more getting confused because the only room available was already held by the reservation being changed.

Ian

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yay! That was a most annoying bug. Made more so because the original non-revolution system didn't have that bug.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Someone might have already posted I didn't see it when I searched. Today I modified a reservation to add an extra day. For the dates that I already had reserved there were no more rooms available. Revolution let me change it without a problem. No more getting confused because the only room available was already held by the reservation being changed.

Ian

To confirm, does this mean:

1) If you look for a [6] day reservation, where you are holding [5] days, it shows no availability
2) But when you then elect to Change Reservation and search, it does show six days as available?

That would be a great fix -- that always bugged me, having to call into the Call Center to get the additional day added.

Please confirm, and thanks for posting this!

Best,

Greg

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Greg I'm not clear but I think so. Here's what I did.

I was holding 3 days. Looking at Revolution as if creating a new res showed no inventory for the 3 days I was holding. But inventory was available for day 4 thru n (someone must have cancelled). I then went in and modified my reservation and changed it from 3 days to 4 days and the change worked perfectly.

Ian

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Greg I'm not clear but I think so. Here's what I did.

I was holding 3 days. Looking at Revolution as if creating a new res showed no inventory for the 3 days I was holding. But inventory was available for day 4 thru n (someone must have cancelled). I then went in and modified my reservation and changed it from 3 days to 4 days and the change worked perfectly.

Ian

Excellent -- thanks for posting this!

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's great! I could've used that last month instead of waking up early every morning to call and add days! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yay! That was a most annoying bug. Made more so because the original non-revolution system didn't have that bug.

After Classic, and after Revolution, now we are back to a new and improved club website with this same annoying "last room bug". Anybody else noticed this to be the case with our new club website / booking engine?

Don't even know what they call this new "Awesome" booking engine. Does it have a name? If not, anybody care to give it a name (No, you can't reuse Classic or Revolution, please don't confuse me!)? :)

Great3

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Yes I have noticed the same bug as well. I have written to IT, they claim they know about and are working on solving it, until then they recommended that I call in to modify.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, I also am having the same problem. I am trying to walk two reservations now. The new booking engine will not allow me to change a reservation to add another available day to the reservation because it shows "no availability" for the days (some of them anyway) I already have in the reservation. I thought that this bug was fixed.

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Yes I have noticed the same bug as well. I have written to IT, they claim they know about and are working on solving it, until then they recommended that I call in to modify.

Thanks, yes, I will have to start doing the calling to modify / add days.

I rather do things online, but it's rather nerve racking, switching to a dummy unit / reservation, and than constantly refreshing for the inventory to show back up (I notice it usually take more than 10 minutes, closer to 20 minutes, even up to 30 minutes) to re-book with just adding one night.

One time, this method didn't work for me (the inventory never showed back up, either due to a system problem, or just the simple fact somebody beat me to the refreshed inventory status), and I ended up having to delay my vacation by a couple of weeks. It was a rather gut wrenching defeat feeling at first, but at least I was able to snag a different booking later on.

Great3

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I also am having the same problem. I am trying to walk two reservations now. The new booking engine will not allow me to change a reservation to add another available day to the reservation because it shows "no availability" for the days (some of them anyway) I already have in the reservation. I thought that this bug was fixed.

Yes, the bug was fixed, in the old booking engine called revolution. This new booking engine never seemed to be correct from the start.

Great3

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I can not figure out what the deal is but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I can not figure out what the deal is but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

It works if there is still available days duplicating what you already have booked. If you have the last ones and trying to add a free day it won't work, unless you want to risk moving your reservation and waiting for all days to come back available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried "the crawl" for a reservation at HHV Lagoon Tower and it worked up until the last day. I called in and they booked the last day for me, as the first two days where sold out, even though I had them booked on my reservation. They are very aware of the bug on the website.