• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

From the NY Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
BIL has rented a car in Cancun when on ts stay at one of the Royals. He has said the police will stop you and expect a bribe for trumped up charges or threaten you go to jail.

Indeed. It even has a name - la mordida, and only the most uninformed drivers aren't already familiar with it. What does la mordida have to do with the smelly story? :confused:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
By many accounts the police force in at least parts of MX has corrupt officers and they can and do sometimes try to shake down tourists for money.

However, by my recollection this post again comes from our repeat anti Mexican OP (I'll apologize and retract in advance if I recall wrong) and supported by our anti Mexico Timeshare admin (that I remember). It's mostly a lot of dribble. A full and accurate report might be interesting, but then again maybe not so likely it's a half baked article just to keep it "interesting".

One web site ran with this story and posted it with a picture of the Royal Sands, great reporting, thanks.
Great post -- this makes me wish TUG had a "like" button! :clap:

A question for all those who would never travel to Mexico because it is "unsafe": Would you walk around in Sanford, FL with a hooded sweatshirt? :confused:

Kurt

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lived in Bedford Village, NY 27 long years and worked in NY and CT. Ex taught school there and was in old retirement system and yes it was very generous making retirement and collecting around 70%(full pension ) of FAS and great free health insurance for life at 55 a no brainer! Love Colorado! Go Rockies and Broncos!

Police program was much better! After 20 years out at 1/2 pay, but was based on last year salary. So during last year cops made lots of petty busts around quitting time and voluntered for overtime. Often they retired at more than their salary. Think they have now gone to 3 year average.

I would prefer getting the news from NY Times. The Post does tend to sensationalize!:(

Paco- Maybe your ex got her great pension taking 1st graders to the potty. Saying that cops made petty busts around quitting time is pretty ignorant. I'm not going to argue which job is tougher but I think that Rocky Mountain air has gotten to you. You lived in Bedford Hillls and are commenting on NYC cops. I suggest you come back and spend a little time in the Bronx.

As far as the incident itself. There are some questions that are unanswered.Especially about the pictures taken by the woman and the encounter on the elevator. But I don't doubt the fact he had to come up with 1500 dollars. Mexican police are well aware of Moneygrams. They will threaten you with jail and no father/husband would not give in and get money wired in from home.

Getting your news from the NYTIMES.:hysterical:

ocean401

Reaction score
So in your opinion, Ocean, “Sprague said he gave the cops $500 and was taken back to his hotel…” is a much juicer piece of NY Post journalism than ‘Sprague was then driven to a remote ATM and forced to withdraw $500 cash, and turn it over to the Mexican police’.

Don’t you think the Post would have used something like the latter, if they could have?

As I said, the story smells.

My point was that we're assuming information that is not present, much like we're accusing the NY Post of doing....

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paco- Maybe your ex got her great pension taking 1st graders to the potty. Saying that cops made petty busts around quitting time is pretty ignorant. I'm not going to argue which job is tougher but I think that Rocky Mountain air has gotten to you. You lived in Bedford Hillls and are commenting on NYC cops. I suggest you come back and spend a little time in the Bronx.

Getting your news from the NYTIMES.:hysterical:

Let's keep details straight. I lived in Bedford Village. It along with Bedford Hills and Katonah made up township of Bedford.

Your words are kind compared to my descriptors of my ex.

To get to work at GE Headquarters in Manhattan I did pass through the Bronx, but never visited there. When transferred to NY was warned there are a lot of LeRoy Browns(think Country music song) and mean dudes that hang out there. A New York Cut was wide, deep and continously! Be careful.

Since I could not fall asleep on commuter train, no laptops in those days and not a bridge or poker player read the New York Times. Many articles on how NYC police were retiring after 20 years years at more than base pay by simply making minor busts around quitting time which then took two or so hours to process on overtime. Also, taking scheduling sargent and DW out to dinner or sending nice Christamas gift insured getting OT assignments.

There there was "cooping" scandel where cops on grave yard shift took turns covering for each other while catching a nice nap or having GF stop by for a little R&R!

Then there were pot hole crews who were always months behind(like the butcher who backed into meat slicer and got a little behind in his work).
TV crews followed for a couple months and found after getting equipmemt and heading for work site and dropping off headed to near by place for refreshments. Came back and worked for a few minutes and then off for two hour lunch, ad infitnium.

In the evenings generally grabbed WSJ at work for ride home but if none read Evening Post to keep up with other views/perspectives. Same type articles on cops scamming the system!!

I suggest you go to newspaper archives for the seventies if you want to read all the gory details in Times, Post or Daily News. Don't think TV stations have available.

Also, no "idear" what was in Bronx paper!

Yes, I do love this Rocky Mountain air. I do miss having deer frolicking in my 4 acre back yard and $12K a year($1K a month) property tax bill, etc.

However, I do survive by driving a mile over to Cherry Creek Park and watching deer and my TOTAL monthly house payment is less than $1K.

Try it, you will like it!:cheer:

Last edited:

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's keep details straight. I lived in Bedford Village. It along with Bedford Hills and Katonah made up township of Bedford.

To get to work at GE Headquarters in Manhattan I did pass through the Bronx, but never visited there. When transferred to NY was warned there are a lot of LeRoy Browns(think Country music song) and mean dudes that hang out there. A New York Cut was wide, deep and continously! Be careful.

Since I could not fall asleep on commuter train, no laptops in those days and not a bridge or poker player read the New York Times. Many articles on how NYC police were retiring after 20 years years at more than base pay by simply making minor busts around quitting time which then took two or so hours to process on overtime. Also, taking scheduling sargent and DW out to dinner or sending nice Christamas gift insured getting OT assignments.

There there was "cooping" scandel where cops on grave yard shift took turns covering for each other while catching a nice nap or having GF stop by for a little R&R!

Then there were pot hole crews who were always months behind(like the butcher who backed into meat slicer and got a little behind in his work).
TV crews followed for a couple months and found after getting equipmemt and heading for work site and dropping off headed to near by place for refreshments. Came back and worked for a few minutes and then off for two hour lunch, ad infitnium.

In the evenings generally grabbed WSJ at work for ride home but if none read Evening Post to keep up with other views/perspectives. Same type articles on cops scamming the system!!

I suggest you go to newspaper archives for the seventies if you want to read all the gory details in Times, Post or Daily News. Don't think TV stations have available.

Yes, I do love this Rocky Mountain air. I do miss having deer frolicking in my 4 acre back yard and $12K a year($1K a month) property tax bill, etc.

However, I do survive by driving a mile over to Cherry Creek Park and watching deer and my TOTAL monthly house payment is less than $1K.

http://youtu.be/0tJGk4ofc18

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ah. Thanks for bringing up the scandals that you read while taking your "limo" from the suburbs that avoided the Bronx while it was burning.

Ah.You worked for GE. The company that's famous. Yes. That GE that dumped 13 MILLION pounds of PCB's into the majestic Hudson River from 1947-1977.

GE. Yes that GE that paid Zero corporate income tax on 5.1 billion earned profits in the US.

GE the company in which the CEO sits on the presidents economic board and sends a 115 year old X-Ray division to China costing America valuable jobs.

Remember when a certain person in high office called a police sergeant stupid. Then had to eat crow when it was determined his friend was in the wrong. I say we get together and have a beer summit. We can meet at the Manhattan Club or or the Valdoro in Breckinridge. I'm buying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJGk4ofc18&feature=youtu.be Disclaimer; Copied without the permission of fido

Last edited:

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
Remember when a certain person in high office called a police sergeant stupid. Then had to eat crow when it was determined his friend was in the wrong. I say we get together and have a beer summit. We can meet at the Manhattan Club or or the Valdoro in Breckinridge. I'm buying.

No, I don't remember it that way at all.:rolleyes: Funny how people try and insert their political comments wherever they can. It was never "determined that his friend was wrong". I suspect many people would be upset at being arrested for entering their own home.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah. Thanks for bringing up the scandals that you read while taking your "limo" from the suburbs that avoided the Bronx while it was burning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJGk4ofc18&feature=youtu.be Disclaimer; Copied without the permission of fido

Never seen a beer I did not like, even more so when someone else is buying!

Let's go for the Oktoberfest in Breck the third week of September. Easy to get nice exchange through II or RCI.

We can swap war stories like how the former Arapahoe County Sheriff who retired a few years ago got busted for drugs and tossed in County jail bearing his name a couple months ago!. Respected law enforcer for over thirty years and sheriff of the year. Sad when it showed him being tossed in slammer and his name ripped off building! :crash:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Hey Paco,
Using the term LeRoy Browns to describe those who live in the Bronx (my wife who was raised in the Bronx would be highly insulted) is racist, and swapping war stories about a retired Colorado sheriff swapping meth for sex is sad.
Ron

buceo

Reaction score
A thread born in the gutter just tends to stay put.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never seen a beer I did not like, even more so when someone else is buying!

Let's go for the Oktoberfest in Breck the third week of September. Easy to get nice exchange through II or RCI.

We can swap war stories like how the former Arapahoe County Sheriff who retired a few years ago got busted for drugs and tossed in County jail bearing his name a couple months ago!. Respected law enforcer for over thirty years and sheriff of the year. Sad when it showed him being tossed in slammer and his name ripped off building! :crash:

Paco- You keep throwing around your anti-cop sentiment. Well, the beer summitt is off. Go buy your own.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall Serpico (the NY Cop that exposed grafting in NYC) came out of hiding Jan 2011 and gave an extensive interview to the Sunday New York Times. He said despite time, nothing has changed with the New York PD.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Paco,
Using the term LeRoy Browns to describe those who live in the Bronx (my wife who was raised in the Bronx would be highly insulted) is racist, and swapping war stories about a retired Colorado sheriff swapping meth for sex is sad.
Ron

Just popped a CD with this song on it in player. Really could not find anything racist. Let's see, he is 6 '4", meaner than a junk yard dog and olde King Kong, packs a rod, gets in fights and likes to gamble. From Chicago! This could apply to high scool bully, Mafiasco, Columbian Drug dealer, Hells Angel and a lot of other people who I would not want to encounter in a dark alley!

I am sure there are all types in the Bronx including honest cops and hard working citizens.? Isn't this where numbers game started and now we have million dollar lotteries all over?.

Since George demised are Bronx Bombers still there?

"Sad" is exactly what I said about a respected Sheriff going bad. While there can be bad asses in any organization(think current secret service scandal), when the Main Man goes down it is really sad. Discussing it, is not!

Also, sad in NY an honest citizen essentially cannot possess a pistol in his own home for occasional target shooting while most criminals have,
what's another one or two years if going up the river for 20?. It is nice a honest resident in Colorado upon application and background check can be cleared for a concelaed gun permit. At least if I have another run in with mugger/car jacker I can do more than punch with cane!:cool:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paco- You keep throwing around your anti-cop sentiment. Well, the beer summitt is off. Go buy your own.

Obviously my post went over your head. Point I was making in there are bad apples in many organizations including elite secret service.. While publicity won't deter the career criminal I do think it gives the prerson on border line food for thought!

Let's see, in Bedford police officer and and were the Boy Scout Troop advisors, a Pleasantville police man came up each year and shot a couple of the deer that were devouring my shrubs and I belong to Colorado County Sheriffs(member #13413) and support their causes. One of best tenants I had at Rainbow Compex was Colorado State Patrolman! GF son is police officer!:cool:

As for beer, did not even pencil in, as I took like the 10 minute owner update. I will pass on a Sermon from the Bronx!:hysterical:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Just popped a CD with this song on it in player. Really could not find anything racist. Let's see, he is 6 '4", meaner than a junk yard dog and olde King Kong, packs a rod, gets in fights and likes to gamble. From Chicago! This could apply to high scool bully, Mafiasco, Columbian Drug dealer, Hells Angel and a lot of other people who I would not want to encounter in a dark alley!

I am sure there are all types in the Bronx including honest cops and hard working citizens.? Isn't this where numbers game started and now we have million dollar lotteries all over?.

Since George demised are Bronx Bombers still there?

"Sad" is exactly what I said about a respected Sheriff going bad. While there can be bad asses in any organization(think current secret service scandal), when the Main Man goes down it is really sad. Discussing it, is not!

Also, sad in NY an honest citizen essentially cannot possess a pistol in his own home for occasional target shooting while most criminals have,
what's another one or two years if going up the river for 20?. It is nice a honest resident in Colorado upon application and background check can be cleared for a concelaed gun permit. At least if I have another run in with mugger/car jacker I can do more than punch with cane!:cool:

Who are you kidding? LeRoy Brown could be referring to mafia, Columbian drug dealer, hell's angel?....right! All the likely people referred to as LeRoy Browns by you in the Bronx in the 70's. If you believe that, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you might like to buy.
Honest citizens having guns is doing real well in Florida isn't it?
As to the comment made by another about Serpico, he lived out of the country for many years, then upstate, so how do you say he says the police of NY are just as corrupt as in the 70's, when Serpico served.
Funny that Serpico was called Paco.
As for the Yankees, yes they are still in the Bronx, drawing over 3 million fans a year to an area you would never pass through...too many LeRoy Browns...what a joke.
Also, those deer you enjoyed frolicking in your backyard...you had a local cop come and shoot them because they were eating your bushes? Very green of you Paco, that's what you call enjoying the deer frolicking?

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who are you kidding? LeRoy Brown could be referring to mafia, Columbian drug dealer, hell's angel?....right! All the likely people referred to as LeRoy Browns by you in the Bronx in the 70's.

Check out ***** box for details on neighborhood.

No mention of race!

"Bad, Bad Leroy Brown"

Single by Jim Croce
from the album Life and Times

Label ABC Records
Writer(s) Jim Croce
Jim Croce singles chronology

"Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" is the title of a song written by American folk rock singer Jim Croce. Released as part of his 1973 album Life and Times, the song was a Number One pop hit for him, spending two weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in July 1973. Croce was nominated for two 1973 Grammy awards in the Pop Male Vocalist and Record of the Year categories for "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown".[1]

Content
The song is about a man from the south side of Chicago who, due to his size and attitude, has a reputation as the "baddest man in the whole damn town." One day, in a bar, he makes a pass at a pretty, married woman, whose jealous husband proceeds to beat Leroy brutally in the ensuing brawl.

Croce tells a nearly identical story (tough guy whom everybody fears is brutally beaten when he meets an even tougher guy) in his hit single "You Don't Mess Around With Jim."

Inspiration
His inspiration for the song was a friend he met in his brief time in the Army:

I met him at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. We were in lineman (telephone) school together. He stayed there about a week, and one evening he turned around and said he was really fed up and tired. He went AWOL, and then came back at the end of the month to get his pay check. They put handcuffs on him and took him away. Just to listen to him talk and see how 'bad' he was, I knew someday I was gonna write a song about him.[2]
He told a variation of this story on the Helen Reddy show in July 1973:

This is a song about a guy I was in the army with... It was at Fort Dix, in New Jersey, that I met this guy. He was not made to climb the tree of knowledge, as they say, but he was strong, so nobody'd ever told him what to do, and after about a week down there he said "Later for this" and decided to go home. So he went AWOL, which means to take your own vacation, and he did. But he made the mistake of coming back at the end of the month to get his paycheck. I don't know if you've ever seen handcuffs put on anybody, but it was SNAP and that was the end of it for a good friend of mine, who I wrote this tune about, named Leroy Brown.[3]
Croce explained the chorus reference to Leroy Brown being "meaner than a junkyard dog":

Yeah, I spent about a year and a half driving those $29 cars, so I drove around a lot looking for a universal joint for a '57 Chevy panel truck or a transmission for a '51 Dodge. I got to know many junkyards well, and they all have those dogs in them. They all have either an axle tied around their necks or an old lawnmower to keep 'em at least slowed down a bit, so you have a decent chance of getting away from them.[2]
Pro wrestlers Junkyard Dog and Bad Leroy Brown are said to have gotten their ring name from this song.[citation needed]

The song inspired Queen vocalist Freddie Mercury (who cited Croce as one of his artistic inspirations) to write the song "Bring Back That Leroy Brown" for the band's third album, Sheer Heart Attack, released a year after Croce died.

Cover versions

This article is about the southern part of the City of Chicago. For the region south of Chicago, see Chicago Southland.

The Victory Monument, which listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is located in the Black Metropolis-Bronzeville District near the starting point of the Bud Billiken Parade.

In 2008, One Museum Park (left May 25, 2008) replaced 1700 East 56th Street (right June 2, 2007) as the tallest South Side building. It has also replaced 340 on the Park as the tallest all-residential building in Chicago.

A typical Chicago Bungalow, which are found in an abundance on the South Side.
The South Side is a major part of the City of Chicago, which is located in Cook County, Illinois, United States. Much of it has evolved from the city's incorporation of independent townships, such as Hyde Park Township which voted along with several other townships to be annexed in the June 29, 1889 elections.[1] Regions of the city, referred to as sides, are divided by the Chicago River and its branches.[2][3] The South Side of Chicago was originally defined as all of the city south of the main branch of the Chicago River,[4][5] but it now excludes the Loop.[3] The South Side has a varied ethnic composition, and it has great disparity in income and other demographic measures.[6] The South Side covers 60% of the city's land area, with a higher ratio of single-family homes and larger sections zoned for industry than the rest of the city.[7][8]

******************************************************** Although it has endured a reputation as being poor or crime-infested, the reality is more varied. The South Side ranges from affluent to working class to impoverished.[9][10] Neighborhoods such as Armour Square, Back of the Yards, Bridgeport, and Pullman tend to be composed of more blue collar residents, while Hyde Park, the Jackson Park Highlands District, Kenwood, and Beverly tend to have middle, upper-middle class, and affluent residents.[11]
The South Side boasts a broad array of cultural and social offerings, such as professional sports teams, landmark buildings, nationally renowned museums, elite educational institutions, world class medical institutions, and major parts of the city's elaborate parks system. The South Side is serviced by bus and 'L' train via the Chicago Transit Authority and a number of Metra lines.[12] In addition, it has several interstate and national highways to serve vehicular traffic.[13]

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who are you kidding? LeRoy Brown could be referring to mafia, Columbian drug dealer, hell's angel?....right! All the likely people referred to as LeRoy Browns by you in the Bronx in the 70's.

See prior post!

"If you believe that, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you might like to buy."

Always in market for good investment. Does this come with general warranty deed and title insurance? What is asking price? Financing terms?:ponder:

"Honest citizens having guns is doing real well in Florida isn't it?"

As I recall, far, far more people are killed and injured by people who shouldn't be driving tooling around waiting to get in an accident. Kinda a specious comparison to one over zealous volunteer block watcher. That is why in Colorado they get walkie talkies or similar. Gather you do not belong to NRA!:shrug:

As to the comment made by another about Serpico, he lived out of the country for many years, then upstate, so how do you say he says the police of NY are just as corrupt as in the 70's, when Serpico served.
Funny that Serpico was called Paco.:wave:

As for the Yankees, yes they are still in the Bronx, drawing over 3 million fans a year to an area you would never pass through...too many LeRoy Browns...what a joke.

Went to one game and enough for me! Praise De Lord for TV!:whoopie:

"Also, those deer you enjoyed frolicking in your backyard...you had a local cop come and shoot them because they were eating your bushes? Very green of you Paco, that's what you call enjoying the deer frolicking?"

Westchester County and towns had very strict regulations on shooting deer resulting in huge over population! Many more deer were killed by cars than hunters. I think an arrow to the heart is much more humane and hunter can enjoy eating vs nasty mess, totalled car and dead carcuss lying next to roadway for vultures to feast on!! Even though devouring my bushes I could not bring myself to hit up side the head with basball bat or hammer as I am not into poor folks surf and turf, venison and blue fish.:D

Remember the three apples:

Eve got seduced by serpant in apple tree with an offering of fruit
Newton got hit in head by apple
Steve Jobs re-invented apple

Pain is weakness leaving ones body! Hence no pain, no gain! Like having a baby!

BC Bum

Reaction score
If you get kidnapped and robbed by crooked cops in Mexico. It's probably your own fault. Stands to reason. He was just asking for it.

And imagine retiring at 42 after surviving 20 years on the NYPD. The nerve. These damn 9-11 first-responders are the biggest gold brickers around. Especially the ones in the elite rescue squads.

And now he gets kidnapped and robbed in Mexico and goes crying to the NY Post. Why didn't he report it to the Mexican newspapers?

The police in Mexico don't kidnap you and hold you for ransom unless they have a very good reason to. It's very fishy.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Jim - with the kidnapping that occurs in Mexico, I would intercede if a stranger was taking a number of pictures of my children - or return to the room immediately. You can't be too careful with little ones.

Can you find any documentation of American tourist at a Mexican resort being kidnapped ? No, because there isn't any.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Very true. In this case, the room would have been a great choice. Intercession is one thing. Confrontation is another, and has a way of escalating- as this situation did. J

Who was this mysterious woman who took the photos. She must have been an owner to get on site of the TS and in an elevator...I doubt if an owner would call the Mexican police, instead of her own security... If she was not an owner, then TS security should have taken her away immediately. Very odd indeed.

If a guest is taking pictures of the pool area and your kids are in the pool why would this be unusual ? It seems more likly that the American Tourist was drinking and over reacted. The two above posts seem right me.

Physical confrontation leads to jail in the USA, why would it be different in Mexico ?

BC Bum

Reaction score
It didn't lead to jail. It lead to kidnap and ransom. Assuming what you say is true, the Mexican police, arrested him, tried him, convicted him, sentenced him, incarcerated him, fined him and released him -all on their own. What an efficient system.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
It didn't lead to jail. It lead to kidnap and ransom. Assuming what you say is true, the Mexican police, arrested him, tried him, convicted him, sentenced him, incarcerated him, fined him and released him -all on their own. What an efficient system.

Whew, lots of unvalidated fishy assumptions going on.

Sullco2

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't believe that NY cops and firemen are the biggest pension scammers on the planet it asleep at the wheel.

Look up "heart presumption" sometime--this law (yes, it's the law) assumes that any heart problem whatsoever that arises for one of these uniformed guys is a direct result of the job. This means that the pension now goes un-taxed forever.

It doesn't matter what the person did to their body--piles of the proverbial doughnuts, packs of cigs, too much time at the local pub vs. the gym, etc.

The padding of police and fire pensions is as well documented as Donald Trump's hair. Plus the fact that the police and fire depts of NYC in particular are multi-generational. Fathers teach their sons around the dinner table how to maximize their pensions and create the next generation of pigs at the public trough.

Having said that, indeed there are heros in uniforms. But the percentage of these vs the shortimers who scam the pension system is laughably small.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't believe that NY cops and firemen are the biggest pension scammers on the planet it asleep at the wheel.

Look up "heart presumption" sometime--this law (yes, it's the law) assumes that any heart problem whatsoever that arises for one of these uniformed guys is a direct result of the job. This means that the pension now goes un-taxed forever.

It doesn't matter what the person did to their body--piles of the proverbial doughnuts, packs of cigs, too much time at the local pub vs. the gym, etc.

The padding of police and fire pensions is as well documented as Donald Trump's hair. Plus the fact that the police and fire depts of NYC in particular are multi-generational. Fathers teach their sons around the dinner table how to maximize their pensions and create the next generation of pigs at the public trough.

Having said that, indeed there are heros in uniforms. But the percentage of these vs the shortimers who scam the pension system is laughably small.

Does this post have anything to do with what happened in Mexico or is it just another [cheap shot removed] taking cheap shots at cops post"??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.