• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham presentations on Kauai

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
They seemed expensive at around $275, but we got 50% off with a timeshare presentation with Wyndam.

Can you or anyone else tell me about the Wyndham tours. We will be staying at Wyndham Bali Hai and am interested in what kinds of discounts we can get on various activities if we take the dreaded presentation. And how dreaded is it from those of you who have done it? How high pressure are they? I want to take our family on a helicopter tour and was wondering if there was a limit as to how many people you can get these discounts for? There will be six of us. Thanks for any information on these presentations.

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you or anyone else tell me about the Wyndham tours. We will be staying at Wyndham Bali Hai and am interested in what kinds of discounts we can get on various activities if we take the dreaded presentation. And how dreaded is it from those of you who have done it? How high pressure are they? I want to take our family on a helicopter tour and was wondering if there was a limit as to how many people you can get these discounts for? There will be six of us. Thanks for any information on these presentations.

Is there no one out there who has recently done a tour at Wyndham Bali Hai that can help answer my query? Thanks.

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't done the Wyndham (Bali Hai) tour for a year or two. It isn't "all that bad" ---depends upon how new the weasel ---er---sales agent is. Many times, I know "much more" about the product/timeshare than the "presenter". Just remember to "say NO" !!!

Discounts for activities might be limited to 4 people. However --- make it known that you will need 6 discounted tickets (the helicopter tickets ARE NOT free), and that you would have to decline going to the presentation, if you couldn get the discounts for all of the tickets.

Also check out the --- www.101thingstodo.com --- site for various helicopter/activities sites, to see what the cost would be if you booked with them directly.

Tony

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The last time we were invited to do a Wyndham presentation for an activity discount, I asked to see the discounts in advance. I asked for prices on 3 trips I had already prebooked from home using the best prices I could find online. In all 3 cases, their price after the discount was higher in price than the same activity I had already booked on my own.

lbertera

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did it in September and was out the door in 50 minutes. We got a dinner cruise up the Napali coast as our gift ($125) plus discounts that we did not use.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The presentation was moderate pressure, but we managed to get out in 90 minutes. They presented several price points depending on what we might want to do, and when we said "no" they pushed on a couple of the smaller packages. But we continued to say "no" and ended it.

This trip was just my wife and I so we didn't ask about additional discounts. As mentioned by others, ask up front and you may get more.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask for cash

At Wyndham Kona we turned down the discount package and started to walk away. The lobby salesman called out $125 cash (on Amex credit card type) and we accepted the 'invitation'. You might try that :)

lolibeachgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did it mid Oct. at Bali Hai, had a nice sales person...but we weren't doing any activities I hadn't already booked online for a discount, so we got the $100 Amex gift card.

Neil

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took the Wyndham tour at Bali Hai in September and got discounted tickets for a fantastic helicopter tour for 2, half price tickets for South Pacific at KBV for 4 and discount tickets for the Kilohana Plantation Luau for 4. We booked these at the Kauai Beach Villas conceige.

We didn't book anything in advance, but I had an idea of the online discounts. Overall, I was very pleased with the discounts for the 3 activities, which were fabulous, especially the 1 hour helicopter tour on a perfect, cloudless day. So I felt our 1 1/2 hour timeshare presentation was worth our effort. I had no problem telling the sales agent "No", since I didn't see the value of the Wyndham points. Plus, I wasn't impressed with Bali Hai at all.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Have spouse and a family member using our exchanged week at Kauai Beach Villas this week. They were pitched on check-in to attend the Bali Hai presentation, and the best they were offered was $125 on an Amex gift card. They declined the invitation.

Dave

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Have spouse and a family member using our exchanged week at Kauai Beach Villas this week ... Dave
Aloha Dave,
Just curious - what unit assignment did they get with the exchange?
Jack

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took the Wyndham tour at Bali Hai in September and got discounted tickets for a fantastic helicopter tour for 2, half price tickets for South Pacific at KBV for 4 and discount tickets for the Kilohana Plantation Luau for 4. We booked these at the Kauai Beach Villas conceige.

What helicopter tour company did you use? I want to do this while we are over there staying at Bali Hai in January. How much of a discount did you get on these things, if you remember and if you don't mind sharing? what was it you didn't like about staying at Bali Hai? Thanks.

vctnman

Reaction score
We toured in Sept at Bali Hai, bought, then rescinded, and found
the same thing on the secondary market for one twelfth the
price. About to open escrow on that... we thought the maintenance
fees just about the cheapest on the Islands.